VBA to copy data from one worksheet to another (only specific columns)

SpireiteSteve

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello all,

I am new to VBA and have done everything I can think of to find a solution online. A few nearly moments but nothing quite doing the trick.

I have 1 workbook containing multiple worksheets. In one worksheet(worksheet A) I have 40 columns, not all of which are needed. Another worksheet (worksheet B) contains just the header rows I need (10 of them), the rest of that worksheet is blank.

What I would like to do is copy all row data from worksheet A (headers here are in row 3) into worksheet B (headers are in column 1). There are also quite a few formulas in worksheet A and so I want the copy to worksheet B to paste only values and formulas, not the actual formulas.

Looking through many previous posts I thought I had found the solution, but it pasted formulas, not just the data and formatting that I need. I tried tweaking the code and ended up with this:

Sub CopyCols()
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Dim LastRow As Long, header As Range, foundHeader As Range, lCol As Long, srcWS As Worksheet, desWS As Worksheet
Set srcWS = Sheets("Current_Receivables_Aging_Detai")
Set desWS = Sheets("Consolidated")
LastRow = srcWS.Cells.Find("*", SearchOrder:=xlByRows, SearchDirection:=xlPrevious).Row
lCol = desWS.Cells(1, Columns.Count).End(xlToLeft).Column
For Each header In desWS.Range(desWS.Cells(1, 1), desWS.Cells(1, lCol))
Set foundHeader = srcWS.Rows(3).Find(header, LookIn:=xlValues, lookat:=xlWhole)
If Not foundHeader Is Nothing Then
srcWS.Range(srcWS.Cells(3, foundHeader.Column), srcWS.Cells(LastRow, foundHeader.Column)).Copy
desWS.Cells(2, header.Column).PasteSpecial xlPasteValuesAndFormatting
End If
Next header
Application.CutCopyMode = False
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub

The row in bold appears to be problematic, error message to debug the code.

One last thing I should add, the dataset (worksheet A) is quite large (up to 30,000 rows), just thought I would mention in case the code above isn't the most efficient?

I am completely stuck, any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance for anyone taking their time to try and help me here.

Excel Facts

Control Word Wrap
Press Alt+Enter to move to a new row in a cell. Lets you control where the words wrap.
Retype the line and look at the paste options. I don't see the one you used in the drop down list.
Please post code within code tags (vba button on posting toolbar) to maintain indentation and readability.

Upvote 0
Retype the line and look at the paste options. I don't see the one you used in the drop down list.
Please post code within code tags (vba button on posting toolbar) to maintain indentation and readability.
I actually found another solution so sorry but thanks for the response and also information. I will be sure to remember this advice if (most likely when) I come across another problem.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr Hughes

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back