VBA to Copy to Last Active Cell & Paste Values at Bottom of 'Combined' Sheet

Small Paul

Board Regular
Hi

Any help with VBA on this would be appreciated.:confused:

I have a workbook, z:\promotional and marketing\product performance\weekly data\cacs.xls which I download each week.
Firstly, I need to Copy cells A2 : last active cell in column R
I then need to Paste Values into z:\promotional and marketing\product performance\cacs history.xls at the bottom of the existing data (presently row 866)

If you could help I would be appreciated.

Thanks
Small Paul.

Excel Facts

Highlight Duplicates
Home, Conditional Formatting, Highlight Cells, Duplicate records, OK to add pink formatting to any duplicates in selected range.
can you try the below? this is to be placed in the cacs history file which will need to change from .xlsx to .xlsm

Code:
Sub combineCacs()
Dim wb As Workbook, bk As Workbook, lr As Long
    Set wb = ThisWorkbook
    Set bk = Workbooks.Open("z:\promotional and marketing\product performance\weekly data\cacs.xls")
        Let lr = bk.Sheets(1).Range("R" & bk.Sheets(1).Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row
            bk.Sheets(1).Range("A2:R" & lr).Copy
            wb.Sheets(1).Range("A" & wb.Sheets(1).Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row + 1).PasteSpecial
End Sub

Upvote 0
Hi BarryL
Many thanks for the prompt reply.
Unfortunately, being an idiot, I forgot to mention:
a) the worksheet I am pasting into is 'Perf Report Data'

Upvote 0
no probs, try the below?

Code:
Sub combineCacs()
    Set wb = ThisWorkbook
    Set bk = Workbooks.Open("z:\promotional and marketing\product performance\weekly data\cacs.xls")
            wb.Sheets("Perf Report Data").Range("A" & wb.Sheets("Perf Report Data").Range("A" &
Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row + 1).PasteSpecial
End Sub

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi BarryL
Many thanks. It is working great (on a 'test' sheet) until the Paste Values - it is pasting starting at cell A3:
Code:
Dim wb As Workbook, bk As Workbook, lr As Long    Set wb = ThisWorkbook
        Set bk = Workbooks.Open("Z:\Promotional and marketing\Product Performance\Monthly Data\Notes June 2018 Paul Testing.xlsx")
            wb.Sheets("Perf Report Data").Range("A" & wb.Sheets(1).Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row + 1).PasteSpecial
    ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:= _
        "Z:\promotional and marketing\product performance\completed monthly reports\ product performance report paul testing " & Format(Now, "mmm-yyyy") & ".xlsm"
End Sub

Small Paul.

Upvote 0
Hi BarryL
I have managed to solve the issue (with your help):

Code:
    Set wb = ThisWorkbook
        Set bk = Workbooks.Open("Z:\Promotional and marketing\Product Performance\Monthly Data\Notes June 2018 Paul Testing.xlsx")
        Let lr = bk.Sheets(1).Range("B" & bk.Sheets(1).Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row
            wb.Sheets("Perf Report Data").Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1).PasteSpecial
        "Z:\promotional and marketing\product performance\completed monthly reports\product performance report paul testing " & Format(Now, "mmm-yyyy") & ".xlsm"
End Sub
The only thing it is now failing on is the final Save As

Many thanks
Small Paul.

Upvote 0
What is the error message that prevents saveas? You've used it earlier in the posted code, was it working before?

Upvote 0
Hi JackDanIce
It is saving as either present month (July 2018) or January 1900.
I have been looking through and have identified (via another Thread) the following format:
Code:
Sub Save()Dim FolderPath As String
Dim FileName As String
Dim thisDate As Date
Dim thisMonth As Date
thisDate = Now()
thisMonth = Now()
FileName = "Product Performance Report Paul Testing " & (Format(DateSerial(Month(Date)-1, (Year(Date), Day(Date)), "mm-yyyy"))
FolderPath = "Z:\Promotional and marketing\Product Performance\Completed Monthly Reports\Product Performance Report Paul Testing " & Format(FileName, "mmmm-yyyy") & ".xlsm"
ActiveWorkbook.SaveCopyAs FileName:=sFile
End Sub

However, this is showing 'syntax error' on the 6th row (file name).

Regards
Small Paul.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
From code in post #6 , steps are:
Open a workbook (Notes June 2018 Paul Testing.xlsx) (1)
Copy data in sheet1 A2:R<last row=""> found in (1)
Paste this data to the workbook containing the code (i.e. ThisWorkbook)

At this point, (1) I believe is the activeworkbook as it's the most recently opened one, so you are saving a .xlsx file as a .xlsm file as per
Code:
"Z:\promotional and marketing\product performance\completed monthly reports\product performance report paul testing " & Format(Now, "mmm-yyyy") & ".xlsm"

Is this correct?</last>

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The requirement is much as you say in Post #9 .
a) open workbook - Notes
b) copy data A2:R?
c) paste vales in History (completed) at bottom of existing.
This all works
d) Save History with last month's date
I have tried various ways and can save as this month OR Jan 1900!
I presently have 2 versions, the 2nd where I am simply trying to solve the Save issue:

Code:
Dim wb As Workbook, bk As Workbook, lr As Long    Set wb = ThisWorkbook
        Let lr = bk.Sheets(1).Range("B" & bk.Sheets(1).Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row
            wb.Sheets("Perf Report Data").Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1).PasteSpecial
        "Z:\Promotional and marketing\Product Performance\Completed Monthly Reports\Product Performance Report Paul Testing " & Format(Now() - 1, "mmm-yyyy") & ".xlsm"
End Sub

Code:
Dim sFile As StringDim thisDate As Date
Dim thisMonth As Date
thisDate = Now()
thisMonth = Now()
sFile = "Z:\Promotional and marketing\Product Performance\Completed Monthly Reports\Product Performance Report Paul Testing " & Format(thisMonth - 1, "mmm-yyyy") & ".xlsm"
ActiveWorkbook.SaveCopyAs Filename:=sFile
End Sub

From what you say above, the Notes workbook is still the active workbook!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rachel812321

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back