VBA to insert or delete rows in named range based on spill range

markkeith

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Cross posted at VBA to insert or delete rows in named range based on spill range

I have a named range "nameList" (B3:E20) that are populated by a spill range from dynamic array formula in cell B3, and there's a table just below cell B24. If the spill range row count are less or more than the number of rows of nameList then I want the unused cell to be deleted or insert new rows if not enough, Basically I would like the nameList to be resized dynamically based on spill range.

Spill range data are sometimes 2 rows only (too much unused rows) or up to 50 rows (spill error due to the table below) that's why I want the nameList to be resized

I've been looking for similar topic for numerous hours now but still no luck.

Excel Facts

Pivot Table Drill Down
Double-click any number in a pivot table to create a new report showing all detail rows that make up that number
If I understand well, the equivalent to your request is to create dynamically located "bottom table" when the size of "top table" changes.

Probably it changes because of some changes in other cells. so yoy can 1) identify on which cells the size of "top table" depends.
And then add the event handler to Change event to the cells, on which formula in B3 depends. And the focation of your "bottom" formula (B24) shall be changed in this event handler proceduire.

Two other (may be too simple ???) ideas would be to:
- place tables next to each other (if the width of the first is constant(or almost constant))
- or calculate both tables in a separate (may be hidden) sheet(s) and then just present their content together in one sheet (they are rather small so functions like INDIRECT, OFFSET etc) would not slow down your wortkbook

Upvote 0
If I understand well, the equivalent to your request is to create dynamically located "bottom table" when the size of "top table" changes.

Probably it changes because of some changes in other cells. so yoy can 1) identify on which cells the size of "top table" depends.
And then add the event handler to Change event to the cells, on which formula in B3 depends. And the focation of your "bottom" formula (B24) shall be changed in this event handler proceduire.

Two other (may be too simple ???) ideas would be to:
- place tables next to each other (if the width of the first is constant(or almost constant))
- or calculate both tables in a separate (may be hidden) sheet(s) and then just present their content together in one sheet (they are rather small so functions like INDIRECT, OFFSET etc) would not slow down your wortkbook
Yes the dynamic array formula in cell B3 will be triggered by Worksheet_Change event when certain cell data changes in Active sheet.
I'm thinking of your 2 suggested approach and will try option 1. For option 2, it's not ideal to place the tables next to each other because "top table" columns might expand or shrink as well.

Could you please write a sample code on how to count the spill range rows and then change the location of "bottom table" accordingly.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catterz66

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back