VBA to pull multiple values into one cell based on cell titles

jwestover1

I am 1 week into learning VBA and am really enjoying myself but this project I have is a little over my head for my skill set as of today so any help is much appreciated!

I have an Excel workbook with two sheets 1. Summary and 2. Data. In Data I have data broken down by Category (down Rows) and Months (across Columns). I am basically taking complex data in many categories and summarizing it down into a more high level report by combining categories.

When this WorkBook is opened I would like VBA to search the category titles found in Column A (beginning in Row 3) on Worksheet1 "Summary" and find the data in the Data Worksheet that matches that category and total all of those entries together and place them in the correct space by Month. Hopefully that makes sense if not I am happy to clarify.

I am stuck on using two variables AND getting the multiple values to add together in the target cell. I know I could write the code to find the values and place them in rows under the category but this time I need them added and placed according to Month.

Happy New Year and thank you in advance

Excel Facts

Whats the difference between CONCAT and CONCATENATE?
The newer CONCAT function can reference a range of cells. =CONCATENATE(A1,A2,A3,A4,A5) becomes =CONCAT(A1:A5)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DSBerry

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back