VBA UserForm Excel 2007 -13 Calendar Date Picker

Melimob

Office Version
  1. 365
Hi there,

I have a project which I am trying to complete using Userform's and VBA. I am a beginner to both so am currently reading up on various sites to learn.

First, just a general question - can anyone recommend a good course/video tutorial for VBA for absolute beginners?

Basic objective:

I have a workbook where I want the end user to add data to multiple worksheets using various userforms on a front page.
There are some constant fields across most worksheets which is the property address and a date field although the value date would be different for each sheet. Therefore, I want the user to be able to find/search a record so they only have to complete the extra fields which are relevant to the worksheet they want it to appear on.

Now on to the questions I have so far...

Date field - I'm using Excel 2007 but the user will be working on this in either 2010 or 2013. When I try and put MonthView on my userform I get the error 'Element Not Found'. After some research this is because I need to download something to my laptop but I don't have admin rights so wonder if there is a workaround?
I want them to choose a date from the pop up calendar and it enter into the text box.
Q1) Can I create one Calendar userform and this be associated across multiple userforms where the date transfers to the correct worksheet/cell reference?.
I.e. frmValuation needs a txtValuation Date (want to use frmCalendar). This date will appear on the Valuations sheet.
frmListing needs a txtListing Date (want to use same frmCalendar). This date is different to Valuation date and I need it to appear on the Listings sheet.
Q2) I know that date and time picker exists for the toolbar in excel 2013 - is there anyway I can use/get this is Excel 2007/10?
Q3) If not, I can use 'Calendar' but need to know how to get it to transfer the date to the active userform textbox when selected?

General questions- The first record should always appear on the Valuation sheet. Once the user retrieves the record in a 'find/search' command, they click to 'add to Listings' which would trigger the 'listings' userform so the extra information can be collected. However, I want the 'constant fields' to be pre-populated (read only) and all data to transfer to the listings form on last empty row.
This is the basis for the other sheets also.

Could I ask for advice on how best to approach this, use a multipage userform? the search command appear on each userform page but referencing the Valuations tab?

Any advice would be gratefully received and apologies in advance if I have not made myself clear.

Many thanks in advance
Melissa

Excel Facts

Waterfall charts in Excel?
Office 365 customers have access to Waterfall charts since late 2016. They were added to Excel 2019.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erald

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back