Vendor Eval Form Formula Question

tdio

Hello All,
I have a vendor evaluation form the we use internally and i need a little assistance with a formula or function to use to tally up a score. Currently we have 8 rows each with a specific area to rate and 5 columns with a rating system of 1 - 5 meaning 5 is excellent and 1 is unacceptable. Below is an example of two of the rows (I'm not able to attach a sample)

Vendor Evaluation

%
Timeliness of Deliveries

0.00%
Quality of Product/Material upon delivery

0.00%

<colgroup><col style="width:48pt" span="3" width="64"> <col style="mso-width-source:userset;mso-width-alt:2084;width:43pt" width="57"> <col style="mso-width-source:userset;mso-width-alt:3437;width:71pt" width="94"> <col style="mso-width-source:userset;mso-width-alt:2011;width:41pt" width="55"> <col style="mso-width-source:userset;mso-width-alt:2304;width:47pt" width="63"> <col style="mso-width-source:userset;mso-width-alt:2267;width:47pt" width="62"> <col style="mso-width-source:userset;mso-width-alt:2121;width:44pt" width="58"> <col style="mso-width-source:userset;mso-width-alt:2633;width:54pt" width="72"> <col style="mso-width-source:userset;mso-width-alt:2560;width:53pt" width="70"> </colgroup><tbody>
</tbody>

The way the for works currently, is the user needs to place a 1 in one of the 5 columns to calculate the percentage. What we want to do is use an X instead. So for the above Timeliness of deliveries this vendor would get a "3" so i would place a 1 in the 3 column and it would change the 0.00% to 60%. For Quality of Product/Material upon delivery this vendor would get a "5" so i would place a 1 in the column with the 5 heading and the 0.00% column would change to 100%. A field at the bottom of the form calculates the average score. This is the formula of the % column =(F27*20%)+(G27*40%)+(H27*60%)+(I27*80%)+(J27*100%)

To make a long story short, i would like to use an X instead of a 1 to represent a score.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. This is one of those scenarios where each time a look at it i think of another way to do it, yet i can't get it down to work.

Thanks,
TD

Excel Facts

Highlight Duplicates
Home, Conditional Formatting, Highlight Cells, Duplicate records, OK to add pink formatting to any duplicates in selected range.
Awesome. It seems to be calculating correctly. Just need to hide the #N/A in the % column when the form is not filled out.

Upvote 0
You're welcome, just use iferror

=iferror(LOOKUP(MATCH("X",F27:J27,0),{1,2,3,4,5},{0.2,0.4,0.6,0.8,1}),"")

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdescharme

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back