Very complicated Sumifs formula with multiple criteria over multiple columns

CapeChick

Hi everyone

I have been looking at this all day and I cannot fathom how to create a formula for this. I have multiple criteria - I am essentially looking for a way to pull data taking into consideration the following:
I need to find the actual (or target) value for mexico (country) for sales (function) in jan (month) for the business selected.

This is my summary table:
A1 is a drop-down depending on which business I am looking at. B-G should summarize the sales function across 3 different countries showing target or actual. Col I to P is the same but for the marketing function.

Business 1SalesSalesSalesSalesSalesSalesMarketingMarketingMarketingMarketingMarketingMarketing
MexicoMexicoBrazilBrazilArgentinaArgentinaMexicoMexicoBrazilBrazilArgentinaArgentina
TargetActualTargetActualTargetActualTargetActualTargetActualTargetActual
Jan
Feb
Mar
Apr
May
Jun
Jul
Aug
Sep
Oct
Nov
Dec

</tbody>

My data is as follows: data is in col C-Z for sales and i have data in col AA to AX for Marketing shown in the same way I showed the sales data below:
SalesSalesSalesSalesSalesSalesSalesSalesSalesSalesSalesSalesSalesSalesSalesSalesSalesSalesSalesSalesSalesSalesSalesSales
ActualActualActualActualActualActualActualActualActualActualActualActualTargetTargetTargetTargetTargetTargetTargetTargetTargetTargetTargetTarget
JanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDecJanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDec
MexicoTotal
BrazilTotal
ArgentinaTotal
MexicoBusiness 1
BrazilBusiness 1
ArgentinaBusiness 1
MexicoBusiness 2
BrazilBusiness 2
ArgentinaBusiness 2
MexicoBusiness 3
BrazilBusiness 3
ArgentinaBusiness 3

<tbody>

What formula(s) do I use that will help me look this up? Essentially if i change the business I want the table to repopulate with the new businesses' data. I tried sumifs but it cannot look up multiple columns so I tried index and match but i don't know how to put these together or if you can put it together using so many criteria.

Please help!

Thanks in advance
CC

Last edited by a moderator:

Excel Facts

Why are there 1,048,576 rows in Excel?
The Excel team increased the size of the grid in 2007. There are 2^20 rows and 2^14 columns for a total of 17 billion cells.
This will be something like what you require:

=INDEX(Sheet1!$A$1:$Z$14,MATCH(1,INDEX((Sheet1!$A$1:$A$14=B$2)*(Sheet1!$B$1:$B$14=$A$1),0),0),MATCH(1,INDEX((Sheet1!$A$1:$Z$1=B$1)*(Sheet1!$A$2:$Z$2=B$3)*(Sheet1!$A$3:$Z$3=$A4),0),0))

where the first table is in Sheet1 A1:Z14 and the 2nd in A1:N14. The formula is housed in B4 and can be copied down and across.

Upvote 0
Thanks Steve! It worked :) although I am not sure I understand it. Would need to sit and break it down sometime to do that.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidcom

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back