VLOOKUP ISSUES

Chris101

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I am trying to use VLOOKUP in VBA. I have a workbook with worksheets "DB Load" and "Service Address". I am looking up "Circuit ID's In sheet "DB Load" (column S) and matching that Circuit ID to the worksheet "service address" where column A contains the Circuit ID's and column B in the worksheet contains the service address', with column B containing the address' that I would like to pull and the fill in column H (Service Address 1) on the DB Load sheet. I hope I did not confuse you.

When I use VLOOKUP manually it works great. but when I try to use my code, well let's just say I get a migraine.

I tried using VLOOKUP two different ways. The first way i used the worksheet function. The second way I tried was copying the formula when I performed the VLOOKUP manually.

Using the worksheet function I get the first 9 rows in column H filled in with the incorrect address but at least I made some progress. A win in my book. The rest of the cells in column H are blank.

Using the method of copying the manual formula I get the first cell filled in but with the correct address. A definite win in my book. however, the rest of the cells are blank.

The two ways that I have tried to write the VLOOKUP are below. If anyone can help me figure out what I am doing wrong would be very much appreciated.

I have also attached a couple of screen shots of the worksheets for review if needed.

Thank you in advance for your time and assistance.

wsh4 is the worksheet "DB Load."
wsh4 is the worksheet "Service Address."

VBA Code:
wsh4.Activate

lastrow = wsh4.Range("A" & Application.Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row

For j = 2 To lastrow
    wsh4.Range("H" & j).Value = Application.WorksheetFunction.VLookup(wsh4.Range("S2" & j), wsh3.Range("A:B"), 2, 1)
Next j
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
VBA Code:
lastrow = wsh4.Range("A" & Application.Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row

wsh4.Range("H2").Value = "=VLOOKUP(S2,ServiceAddress,2,TRUE)"

wsh4.Range("H2" & lastrow).FillDown

Thank You,
Chris

Attachments

• DB Load.png
    DB Load.png
    155.2 KB · Views: 6
  • Service Address.png
    Service Address.png
    168.1 KB · Views: 3
When I get stumped can I contact you directly through the board?
No, you have to just post your new question in a new thread (preferably with XL2BB sample data and expected results) & hope somebody will respond. :)

Both examples work great. And i like the idea of entering the data all at once with one line of code.

Thank You...
You're welcome. Glad to help. Thanks for the follow-up. (y)

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Which lookup functions find a value equal or greater than the lookup value?
MATCH uses -1 to find larger value (lookup table must be sorted ZA). XLOOKUP uses 1 to find values greater and does not need to be sorted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anshu121

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back