VLOOKUP #N/A Error that's new to me Excel 2010

SuperLute58

So I have the formula written exactly how it's worked many other times.

=VLOOKUP(B3, Sheet2!A:B, 2, FALSE)

I have found the value of B3 on Sheet2. I know it exists. I found it using the find feature. I have Sheet 2 sorted. Both Column B on my formula page and the Sheet2 column are are formatted the same. My table array is correctly aligned. However it's pulling back #N/A.

Please save the life of my computer so I don't have to cause it harm.

Excel Facts

What is =ROMAN(40) in Excel?
The Roman numeral for 40 is XL. Bill "MrExcel" Jelen's 40th book was called MrExcel XL.
Hi - welcome to the board.

Could be a number of things. First suggestion - data types. check that =isnumber() returns same result for both instances of the value (if you're dealing with numbers). If that's not it, give us more details...

Upvote 0
Instead of the Find feature try testing with something like

=A1=B1

Where A1 and B1 houses the data from the table

Upvote 0
It shows false on it. If I type the same number over the top of the source number, it shows true.

How can I change the formatting of the source number (A1 in your example, B3 in my formula) without having to manually type in all the numbers since there are 785 lines?

I tried copying and pasting out of values only. I changed the format of the cells. Nothing seems to be working on that front as well.

Upvote 0
If these numbers are imported as text, you can multiply by 1 to coerce them into numbers. If they have leading or trailing spaces, use the TRIM function.

Upvote 0
The isnumber is returning false on it. Changing the format isn't affecting it. how Can I get it to change to a number?

Upvote 0
In a empty cell enter 1. Copy the cell that houses the 1 and highlight the text numbers. Go to Edit (or right click) and Paste Special and tick Multiply.

See if that works

Upvote 0
does =len() return a value you expect for these 'numbers' - might be a hidden space? How are these values being generated - some details would help.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rocky Mountain High

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back