Web application from ms Access 2013

Olpo

I actually called the microsoft store phone line to get some answers on this, but the guy seemed to know less than me. This time the problem is not technical as it usually is, but rather about features of the latest office 365.

I have a small business with pretty nice self made customer database on Access 2007 / desktop PC. Now I would like to make an upgrade to the system that would allow me/employees use input data forms on different mobile devices fast and easy.

I have 3 employees(+me) that meet a couple of customers every day. Before every meeting employee checks the database to review the past meetings with this customer and after the meeting he/she inputs the notes made during the meeting. Now, I want to be able to do this with an android tablet. Nothing special, just this search and input functionality made with forms and subforms. All the reports and printouts would be still made on the PC.
So far I've understood the following:
-In Access 2013 I can make web applications that can work pretty much the same as a normal desktop database with forms etc.

-I can launch these applications to Sharepoint and then they are usable through browser.
-Office 365 does not support android tablets.
Here's what I would like know:
-Is this launched application then available to anyone I wan't or do the users also need to subscribe Office 365 or something?
-Can this web application use the same database as my desktop database? Can I use VBA-macros on the desktop end?
-Can I host this application locally, so that in case of internet connection failure, we could still work normally?

-Is it necessary to use sharepoint for publishing my "app" online?
-What version of Office do I need to make it happen?
Thank you very much for your help.

Excel Facts

Shade all formula cells
To shade all formula cells: Home, Find & Select, Formulas to select all formulas. Then apply a light fill color.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
daynle

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back