Weighted Average

elicayan

Can you please assist me in getting the weighted average of the following data? This is for a 9 day performance and I wanted to rank them accordingly with their performance. Thank you!
Evaluator
Jameel
Jameel
Jameel
Jameel
Jameel
Fahad
Fahad
Fahad
Fahad
Average
Date
5/4/2014
5/5/2014
5/6/2014
5/7/2014
5/8/2014
5/9/2014
5/10/2014
5/11/2014
5/12/2014
5/13/2014
5/14/2014
5/15/2014
Job Knowledge
Good in knowledge
Travel Case
Travel Request
Checking AWB
Card Replacement
Speed on System
No system practice yet
Questions Asked
Very quiet person
No questions asked
Very quiet person
No questions asked
No questions asked
Causing Distraction
Focused all the time
Focused all the time
Focused all the time
No distractions - focused all the time
Breaks
Min breaks
Confidence
Matouk made 2 IVR on his own
Need to gain more confidence
Productive
Professional and reliable
Very professional RM
Remarks
First day on system - Fair
He was trying for his accent to avoid miscommunications
Matouk language accent might be an issue
Needs to work on his accent and his communication skills in Arabic
Total

<tbody>
</tbody>

Excel Facts

Square and cube roots
The =SQRT(25) is a square root. For a cube root, use =125^(1/3). For a fourth root, use =625^(1/4).
thank you dirk! but basically there is no given weight for each category it's just that they are given a rating between 1 being the lowest and 5 highest. now if I average everything it will be average of the average for the rating/ranking in which I don't want that because that wouldn't be accurate :)

Upvote 0
thank you dirk! but basically there is no given weight for each category it's just that they are given a rating between 1 being the lowest and 5 highest. now if I average everything it will be average of the average for the rating/ranking in which I don't want that because that wouldn't be accurate :)

Correct, So you average the SUM of each category. AVERAGE(SUM(A2,A4,A6,A8),SUM(B2,B4,B6,B8)...etc)))

Upvote 0
And it may be faster to simply add a formula to the end of column A and write it out once, then use the fillerbar and average that ending column. IT would take a while to select all the cells for sum in the formula since they are not a consecutive range.

Upvote 0
so the formula would be =average(sum(A2,A4,A6,A8,A10,A12,A14)/sum(B2 etc) or horizontally or vertically?

Upvote 0
or CSE function Average(B3:B9+D3:D9+F3:F9+H3:H9+J3:J9) and remember to press Ctl+Shift+Enter

Upvote 0
I have tried =sumproduct(a2:a14,b2:b14)/sum(b2:b14) but it's giving me an error or #value in excel what I wanted is to get the overall performance rating :)

Upvote 0
No need to divide by SUM. The average is doing that for you. You want to add the values for each category and then average the totals for a final average score. Either formula will work in your example. The CSE formula is easier.

Upvote 0
You appear to have some merged cells there, so be aware of the cells you are adding. Your sumproduct formula there is multiplying numbers and letters form the example above and then arriving at a sum of those values. That is not the correct math even if you are referencing the proper cells. You want to add the total scores per category and average the totals together.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Excel Master

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back