What Changes can we expect in Excel 2010 VBA

Hooseria

Does anyone know of a good website to check out new changes in VBA on Excel 2010.

Or better yet, any MVP's out there have any insight you want to share with us.

VBA will still be supported (unless you're on a Mac, in which case who knows?) and there are currently no plans to change that.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Ambidextrous Undo
Undo last command with Ctrl+Z or Alt+Backspace. If you use the Undo icon in the QAT, open the drop-down arrow to undo up to 100 steps.
Actually I think that there's not going to be any change. VBA is growing old quickly.
We all should focus on VSTO in the near future.

Upvote 0
Actually I think that there's not going to be any change. VBA is growing old quickly.
We all should focus on VSTO in the near future.

Maybe not all. I'll stick with VBA for a good few years I think, I've barely got a handle on that after all!!!

Upvote 0
As Rory has stated, those of us who know what they're thinking cannot say. What we can tell you is to be observant. When was VBA introduced into Excel? Can you still use XLM commands? Can you still create a macro sheet and/or dialog a la XL95 way? That should give you some inkling as to how long VBA will continue to be supported in Excel.

Upvote 0
I think it's safe to say Microsoft has no plans on killing off VBA any time soon. In fact they will continue to add functionality to it to support the Ribbon functionality and new features in Excel. What they won't be doing is any work to upgrade the current IDE itself.

As for what's coming in 2010, like Rory and Greg said, you'll just have to wait and see. ;)

Upvote 0
Saw this the other day on Wikipedia and thought some might be interested. Although, I DO take everything I read on Wikipedia with a grain of salt:

In May 2008, Microsoft announced that VBA will be making a return in the next version of Microsoft Office for Mac.

Here's hoping it's in the 2010 version.

Upvote 0
I actually hope they don't bring back FileSearch.

Sure it was kind of convenient but I've lost count of the times in the past when I used it and the results just weren't right.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
malcolmlyle

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back