What I would like to see in Excel 2016

I am late to this party and have been quiet here for a long time.
We just got forcegraded to 2016... man, I though 2010 blew chunks...
the upgrade broke a bunch of my macros that I have built over the years, whine, whine I know.
The new tweaks to the interface seem to further reduce efficiencies. It is not like I want to open a workheet on my local drive/network often of anything? :confused::rolleyes:
Why can't I pin recent dir's anymore? Why does it default to searching for templates online? Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
It takes me sic clicks/double clicks to open a worksheet now!

I am surprised that none has written a XML replacement for the ribbon (or is that not possible?) it would be nice to remove the "Designed by Fisher Price" interface.
free will I admit that I am no where near the level of experienced user as many here (all you MVPs!) but good grief I do not enjoy working in Excel anymore.:( It has become a chore and task.

Things I would like to see:
- not have to back out of page setup/view Setup to access the other half of the dialog box
- easier access to open files (ctrl-O does not even bahave normally anymore)
- Customization of Icons
- Choice of Ribbon or classic menu (ha!)
- Smart Indentor to work in 2016 :)biggrin:)
- All I can think of at the moment.

/Rant

Cheers All and thanks for keeping this amazing resource humming, I have referred many people here.
Mark

Excel Facts

Format cells as time
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+2 to format cells as time. (Shift 2 is the @ sign).
I don't use Word very often, but I was amazed that Find and Replace supports Regular Expressions. I wish that similar functions in programs across the Office platform worked the same.

@arkusM, Including whether it is Excel 2016 64 bit or Excel 2016 32 bit.

OH right! HAHA I had that in the footer of my signature but it is out of date now. Sigh.

2016 32bit (16.0.6925.1044)

Sweet - Thank you.

Now I discover that I am thwarted by my BPU. errr I mean IT... No installs for me.... :confused::confused:

Fazza wrote a macro to do similar to Smart Indenter. When I get in I will post it if you want (can't remember if it has anything you won't have installed and of course is reliant on your IT letting you run macro's of course).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayEggleton

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back