What is _xlfn.CUBESET?

L

Legacy 328066

I have a fairly complex (for me!) Excel 2013 spreadsheet using Power Query and Power Pivot to pull information from various SharePoint Lists, CSV files and OData feeds from other Excel spreadsheets to provide Actual vs Budget on the Maintenance Costs of the houses we have. (We are a Charity working with local Churches to house the homeless).

I am getting a constant error message when I refresh the Budget vs Actuals Pivot Table "Reference is not valid". The Pivot Table seems to be updating correctly however.

Using the ASAP Utilities (which I was pointed to by a post on here I think) I am using the Information / Create a List of all Range Names in Workbook and am getting an error reported thus:

Name Refers to
_xlfn.CUBESET =#NAME?

All the other Named Ranges in the workbook seem to be fine.

I have no idea what _xlfn.CUBESET is and my Google-fu has failed me in finding out :(

Can anybody give me some pointers as to where I can look to find where this is and whether it is safe to delete. I am assuming it is because the PivotTable seems to refresh quite happily even with the error!

Thanks.

Ian Watkins

I did have, and they weren't being used, but I've deleted them and the error message still persists.

I've done some fairly major restructuring of this workbook (mainly to change sources from Excel OData which I have found slow even with Buffering the PQ query) to SharePoint Lists (the SP List is also easier to share with our distributed workforce), but this error pre-dates this work.

Much head-scratching has ensued......

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Which lookup functions find a value equal or greater than the lookup value?
MATCH uses -1 to find larger value (lookup table must be sorted ZA). XLOOKUP uses 1 to find values greater and does not need to be sorted.
When does the error message actually pop up? Only when you refresh that pivot table?

Upvote 0
Did you make any changes to the PQ data/queries after you had already set up the pivot table?

Upvote 0
Several. It's been a continuing work in progress for several months. Most people would do half of the work in a database, but as we don't have one, I've had to make do.

Is there any way to work out what's actually causing the error?

Upvote 0
I assume this is a PowerPivot pivot table, not a regular one?

Upvote 0
Can you share the actual file?

Upvote 0
Probably not. The data contains sensitive information. Also it does alot of dynamic reads from SharePoint lists and CSV files.

Upvote 0
I guessed as much. Can you delete and recreate the pivot table?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnfromHGT

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back