When Did We stop Having to Use GGOTO Special -Visible Only to not copy filtered cells

yslguru

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
For as long as I've been using Excel anytime I had a row filtered if I wanted to copy the non-filtered cells I'd have to select the cell range and the use Go to Sp[ecial Visible Cells Only else when I copied and paste I'd get the filtered cells to but today when a co-worker did this without using Go To Special I was shocked and then I tired it and sure enough I no longer have to use the Special Got To . Any idea when this changed?

Excel Facts

Easy bullets in Excel
If you have a numeric keypad, press Alt+7 on numeric keypad to type a bullet in Excel.
As far as I remember, I have never used Goto to copy filtered cells, so it's been like that since the early 2000's

Upvote 0
As far as I remember, I have never used Goto to copy filtered cells, so it's been like that since the early 2000's
If that's the case then why is there an option named Visible Cells Only within the GO TO SPECIAL feature?

Thanks

Upvote 0
If that's the case then why is there an option named Visible Cells Only within the GO TO SPECIAL feature?
  1. It is possible to hide rows manually rather than by AutoFilter and you would need to use visible cells only to copy just the visible ones there
  2. If you wanted to apply conditional formatting to the visible cells only in an AutoFiltered list then you would need to use that feature
  3. etc

BTW, I suggest that you update your Account details (click your user name at the top right of the forum) so helpers always know what Excel version(s) & platform(s) you are using as the best solution often varies by version. (Don’t forget to scroll down & ‘Save’)

Upvote 0
  1. It is possible to hide rows manually rather than by AutoFilter and you would need to use visible cells only to copy just the visible ones there
  2. If you wanted to apply conditional formatting to the visible cells only in an AutoFiltered list then you would need to use that feature
  3. etc

BTW, I suggest that you update your Account details (click your user name at the top right of the forum) so helpers always know what Excel version(s) & platform(s) you are using as the best solution often varies by version. (Don’t forget to scroll down & ‘Save’)
Manual hiding versus filtering does appear to be teh difference when I just now tested it. That said I swear that when I previously posted I did test both and whether it was manually hidden rows or filtered I didn't need to use visible Only. Who knows why that was the case. Thanks for replying and telling me about the updated account info.

Upvote 0
You're welcome. Thanks for the follow-up. :)

.. and for updating your details. (y)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cyko

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back