Why MrExcel is like Hitch Hiking

Why Basingstoke???

BTW Which roundabout are you on about? There are so many!!

I have a 4 mile bike ride to work and have to navigate 8 roundabouts.

Not much chance of picking someone up who's gonna attack you here. :eek:

Excel Facts

Is there a shortcut key for strikethrough?
Ctrl+S is used for Save. Ctrl+5 is used for Strikethrough. Why Ctrl+5? When you use hashmarks to count |||| is 4, strike through to mean 5.
"Need lift - Marco go Birmingham."?
Of course, we already know that Marco runs fast, so he probably wouldn't bother hitching.

It's a (half-remembered) Douglas Adams' quote...

"Excuse me?" said Arthur. "Are you trying to tell me that we just stuck out our thumbs and some green bug-eyed monster stuck his head out and said, Hi fellas, hop right in. I can take you as far as the Basingstoke roundabout?"

"It claimed to produce the widest possible range of drinks personally matched to the tastes and metabolism of whoever cared to use it. When put to the test, however, it invariably produced a plastic cup filled with a liquid which was almost, but not quite, entirely unlike tea."

He was a very funny man.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
the <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on">Basingstoke</st1:place> roundabout<o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
Actually this is a fairly accurate part of the analogy…Hitch hops into my car in <st1:City w:st="on">Reading</st1:City> and asks for the <st1:place w:st="on">Basingstoke</st1:place> Roundabout… “Which one?”, I say…….. “I’ll know it’s the right one when I see it”, he(or she) replies. “Ok, so which direction should we set off in?”, I ask. “Umm, well, I don’t really know the way, so let’s start by heading to <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">London</st1:City></st1:place> and see if that helps”, Hitch answers.<o:p></o:p>
Many people know what they want to achieve, but don’t know how to get there and their initial idea of how it might be achieved is completely wrong/mis-guided.<o:p></o:p>
(for those of you who don’t know, <st1:City w:st="on">London</st1:City> is the opposite direction from <st1:City w:st="on">Reading</st1:City> that <st1:place w:st="on">Basingstoke</st1:place> is)<o:p></o:p>

"Need lift - Marco go Birmingham."?
Of course, we already know that Marco runs fast, so he probably wouldn't bother hitching.

:ROFLMAO:
I work with Marco...he's on his way to Hawaii tomorrow :biggrin: He doesn't plan to run at all there, even though he runs faster in other location.

Does anyone else find it slightly ironic that Birmingham City Council would, in celebration of their recycling efforts, print nearly three-quarters-of-a-million glossy leaflets??!!<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jominadeo

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back