Why MrExcel is like Hitch Hiking

Excel Facts

How to total the visible cells?
From the first blank cell below a filtered data set, press Alt+=. Instead of SUM, you will get SUBTOTAL(9,)
Does anyone else find it slightly ironic that Birmingham City Council would, in celebration of their recycling efforts, print nearly three-quarters-of-a-million glossy leaflets??!!<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

It's certainly right up there with the town council that put up braille versions of some public notices, but put them behind glass in a cabinet...

I agree that it's amusing, but I don't think it's actually stupid. It's probably a fairly cost and resource efficient way of encouraging people to recycle more, which I assume is the actual point of the communication.

(I'm on holiday next week. I'll have a hunt for my sense of humour while I'm gone ;) )

It's certainly right up there with the town council that put up braille versions of some public notices, but put them behind glass in a cabinet...

That's good. Almost as bad as having Braille on a Drive Up ATM...

I agree that it's amusing, but I don't think it's actually stupid. It's probably a fairly cost and resource efficient way of encouraging people to recycle more, which I assume is the actual point of the communication.

(I'm on holiday next week. I'll have a hunt for my sense of humour while I'm gone ;) )

If they want to save money, print on 300gsm paper, still looks good quality, is easy to recycle and cheap on resources too, printing glossy they would need to goto a print company or have an inhouse press themselves...

If they want to save money, print on 300gsm paper, still looks good quality, is easy to recycle and cheap on resources too, printing glossy they would need to goto a print company or have an inhouse press themselves...

I think we’re missing the point here…..Birmingham, UK is dull and grey…..therefore much cheaper/eco-friendly to print (hell, you could print it in black and white and no-one would notice), by printing Birmingham, Alabama, they have wasted precious colour ink.

That's hilarious!! :ROFLMAO:

encouraging people to recycle more, which I assume is the actual point of the communication.

i would be encouraged to recycle more if you put more junk through my door as well..

I wonder if after the leaflet campaign there marketting department reported an increase in paper based recyling by around 780,000 sheets proving the leaflet was indeed effective.

I think we’re missing the point here…..Birmingham, UK is dull and grey…..therefore much cheaper/eco-friendly to print (hell, you could print it in black and white and no-one would notice), by printing Birmingham, Alabama, they have wasted precious colour ink.

Very true HAHA, I wonder if they mixed there own colours or purchased the colours ready made...hmm...I cant imagine they would have gone to the expense of litho printing them with the cost of the plates and such like, but in such large bulk digi print would have been even more expensive, yet I would bet my hat they overlooked that and Digi printed it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mm424

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back