Why need to Double Click to every cell after convert Iranian date as text format to Persian date by Format Cell

Mohammad Zilaei

Office Version
  1. 2021
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello to all

I have an Excel file that contains a number of Iranian dates in the text format as shown below in column A

1395/11/21

1395/12/25

1384/01/07

and ....

To perform mathematical calculations on this data, I converted column A to date format in the following way:

1- Range selection

2- Go to format cell

3- Select category: history

4- Select Locate: Persian (Iran)

5- Select Calendar: Persian

6- Select the Check Box : Input dates according to selected calendar

7- Then OK

But when I subtract the dates in column A, the error result #VALUE

But if I double click on both dates, the error is resolved

But I don't want to double click on all the cells one by one to fix the error.

I need a faster method

Excel Facts

Waterfall charts in Excel?
Office 365 customers have access to Waterfall charts since late 2016. They were added to Excel 2019.
It sounds like the dates may be stored as text. Enter the number 1 into an unused cell. Copy it and then select your range and choose 'Paste special...'. In the dialog box that opens, choose values in the upper section and multiply in the lower section. That can force excel to convert numbers stored as text into actual numbers.

Upvote 0
Hi & Welcome to MrExcel.

Another option

Select entire column with those dates
Go to > Data > Text to columns > Delimited > Next > Next > Date > YMD > Finish

Upvote 0
It sounds like the dates may be stored as text. Enter the number 1 into an unused cell. Copy it and then select your range and choose 'Paste special...'. In the dialog box that opens, choose values in the upper section and multiply in the lower section. That can force excel to convert numbers stored as text into actual numbers.
Thank you for taking the time to help me
I tested your solution and other similar solutions, but any mathematical operation on these dates (including multiplying by 1, adding to 0 and even joint "" to them) or using the VALUE function and the DATEVALUE function.
When you choose the option to use the Persian calendar, it considers the initial dates as a text before double-clicking, and after double-clicking, it converts them into a calculable date as a number. In the way that by applying the Persian calendar format on the cells, if you enter a date as 6/25/1402, it will accept it as a calculable Persian date.

Upvote 0
Thank you for taking the time to help me
I tested your solution and other similar solutions, but any mathematical operation on these dates (including multiplying by 1, adding to 0 and even joint "" to them) or using the VALUE function and the DATEVALUE function.
When you choose the option to use the Persian calendar, it considers the initial dates as a text before double-clicking, and after double-clicking, it converts them into a calculable date as a number. In the way that by applying the Persian calendar format on the cells, if you enter a date as 6/25/1402, it will accept it as a calculable Persian date.

Have you tried my suggetion in post #3?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeremy_bp001

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back