Windows 11 Excel VBA Paste Error Every Time

cbrendlinger

We just upgraded all of our computers to Windows 11. I have a macro used on multiple computers and have had no issues on all of them but one. That one cannot run the macro (or any macro) that includes a paste of any kind. I have tried the simplest copy and paste and it fails. Excel throws a runtime error 1004 "We couldn't paste the data because it took too long. Try reducing the size of the selection." I cannot tell you the number of iterations and ways to paste using VBA that I have tried... but no joy. I even tried adding a 5 second pause before the PASTE in case the program needed to catch up but still the error. Yet... if I add a MsgBox just before the PASTE, it works (but that is really not feasible). I have been checking settings and everything I can think of but there is nothing that stands out. We have done repairs and deep repairs and nada. If anyone can provide insight of any kind, believe me, I am willing to try. Thank you in advance

Excel Facts

How to create a cell-sized chart?
Tiny charts, called Sparklines, were added to Excel 2010. Look for Sparklines on the Insert tab.
Cross-posting (posting the same question in more than one forum) is not against our rules, but the method of doing so is covered by #13 of the Forum Rules.

Be sure to follow & read the link at the end of the rule too!

Cross posted at: Excel VBA Runtime Error 1004 on every Paste
There is no need to repeat the link(s) provided above but if you have posted the question at other places, please provide links to those as well.

If you do cross-post in the future and also provide links, then there shouldn’t be a problem.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbomb1414

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back