Worksheet with macro ensnared ghost image

aodhan

Hi,

Let me see if I can describe this correctly. I have a series of worksheets that utilize macros to unprotect sheets, utilize lookup and pivot tables, refresh, clean data from columns, and then reprotect sheet. Everything with the macros is working fine. My data is doing what I want it to accomplish.

However, when I click on the tab to go to another worksheet in the same workbook, I am seeing a "ghosted" residual image of the previous worksheet. It might be 3in by 4in or 2in by 6in across the screen. If I click another tab and come back, the screen image is fine.

This is part of an automated workbook. The "ghost image" will mess up the users. I can add a line direction to "click another tab and then return to this tab" but the ghost image will block this direction over half the time.

I am looking for a macro worksheet/tab/screen refresh command or way to "git rid" of the ghosted/residual image. Thank you.:rolleyes:

Help :confused:,

A

Excel Facts

Can you sort left to right?
To sort left-to-right, use the Sort dialog box. Click Options. Choose "Sort left to right"
Re: Worksheet with macro ensnared ghost image/FOUND IT

I found my own answer in a Past Tip of the Day:pray:. Here it is if anyone needs to clear up a "ghosty" screen.:oops: Thanx, Mr Excel & BJelen.

Past Tip of the Day
My tip of the day is from a bit of my own experience. As you are learning to write code, you've probably learned that you can radically speed up your macro by turning off the screen updating while the macro runs. You would add this line of code to your macro:

Sub Test()
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
...macro code here [Just place what you need in here.]
Application.ScreenUpdating = True​
End Sub

So, the tip of the day, whether you are writing macros in Excel 97, Excel 2000, or Excel 2002, always turn the screen updating back to true with Application.ScreenUpdating = True​
By Bill Jelen on 13-Jul-2002

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sravya

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back