Write formula to compare planned amounts by vendor in one sheet to approved amounts by vendor in another tab based on project ID

ExcelMuch

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I have an invoice reconciliation workbook where the first sheet (Data) is a list of the Planned Amounts by Vendor and Project ID. All of the other sheets in the workbook are broken out and named by the Project ID. I'm trying to compare the Planned Amounts by Vendor on the Data sheet to the Total Approved Amounts by Vendor in the rest of the workbook, based on the Project ID to ensure that they match.

All bolded fields in the attached workbook are headers that will not change. The positioning of the Vendors on the Project ID tabs may change based on the Partner Type (highlighted in red for easier visualization), but all Vendors will be in column A and all Total Approved Amounts will be in column B. Please note, some Vendors on the Project ID tabs have a Parent Company in parentheses on the Project ID tabs. The Vendors on the Data tab will not include the Parent Company.

Lastly, sometimes the same Vendor is listed twice on a Project ID based on the Partner Type. When this happens, it would be great if the result could say something like "Multiple Approved Amounts Found" so I know to double-check the Project ID tab to see which Approved Amount on the Data sheet aligns to the Total Planned Amount on the corresponding Project ID tab. Note, the Initiatives are included only on the Data tab of the workbook to help me distinguish this.

Below is the link to the workbook. Please let me know if you have any questions. I know this is a complicated ask.

Workbook Sample for Formula.xlsx

Excel Facts

Select a hidden cell
Somehide hide payroll data in column G? Press F5. Type G1. Enter. Look in formula bar while you arrow down through G.
That link is dead. If you have 1Drive, Google Drive or Dropbox use that.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr Hughes

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back