XL2BB Error

JimH

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2010
Platform
  1. Windows
The first time I used xl2bb it worked great. I was going to post another question using the mini sheet, and I now get an 1004 - Application-defined or object-defined error.

Hi Jim,

What's the platform (OS) and Office version?

Note: I suggest that you update your Account details (or click your user name at the top right of the forum) so helpers always know what Excel version(s) & platform(s) you are using as the best solution often varies by version. (Don’t forget to scroll down & ‘Save’)

I run Windows 7 Professional 64-bit and Microsoft Office Professional 2010.

I run Windows 7 Professional 64-bit and Microsoft Office Professional 2010.
Thanks. (Also thanks for updating your profile).

Is it happening for all workbooks or only a specific workbook/worksheet/range?
If a specific workbook, then do you consider sharing the workbook with me for testing purposes? (I will start a conversation with you if you'd like to send the workbook).

I've only tried it on this particular workbook. The workbook contains three worksheets one of which is currently empty. When I select a range of cells in either worksheet and press Table Only, I get the Mini-sheet successfully saved in the clipboard message. It is when I press Mini Sheet that I get the 1004 error message.

I can certainly send you the workbook if you think that would help.

Thanks for the workbook.

I tested the workbook on Windows 7 64 bit, Office 2010, and it works as it is supposed to be.

-- Mini sheets removed

Obviously, it fails if I select the image on the worksheet prior to executing the XL2BB action but I don't think it is relevant.

Is it possible to test it with another workbook? Maybe a new workbook with some sample data in it? If it still fails on another workbook then I would ask you to try to delete the existing XL2BB add-in and reinstalling it. I am not sure if it would help but sometimes it does.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Hmm...it works fine on other workbooks.

So it is related to the workbook. I wish I was able to reproduce it but even with the same OS and Office version, it doesn't happen at my side. Thanks for testing all these.

Is there a specific range that you are selecting on the current workbook?
Let's say you selected a blank cell and clicked on the Mini-sheet button. Does it still fail?

It works fine outside the table on both worksheets. Maybe I should uninstall and reinstall. What is the process to do thorough uninstall?

If it works in other workbooks, in fact, if it works in the same workbook on a different range, then I don't think reinstalling the add-in would solve the issue. It sounds like that it is related to the range that you are selecting. However, what doesn't make sense is that it is not generating any error in my tests in the same environment. I am basically selecting a range in the tables, and it works without a problem.

Could it be possible to do the following final tests?
1- Copy one of the tables.
2- Create a new workbook, and paste the copied table into the worksheet in the new workbook.
3- Close the actual workbook.
4- Select the range in the table, or the entire table and run the XL2BB.

Another test by copying the worksheet to a new workbook.
1- Right-click on the worksheet tab on one of the worksheets that contain data in the actual workbook.
2- Click to Move or Copy..., select "new book" in the drop-down and click Create a copy option, then click Ok.
3- Close the actual workbook.
4- Try to create a mini-sheet.

1615688782460.png

With these two tests, I am trying to remove the parent workbook from the game to find out if there is a named range, dynamic range, or validation range causing the problem.
(Of course, it still doesn't explain how it works without problems in my computer, but that's all I can do for testing)

Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vivek chauhan

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back