smozgur

XL2BB - Excel Range to BBCode 2.1

No permission to download
Please note that the AppData folder is hidden by default so you might have to change your settings to view hidden folders

Excel Facts

Can you AutoAverage in Excel?
There is a drop-down next to the AutoSum symbol. Open the drop-down to choose AVERAGE, COUNT, MAX, or MIN
Appreciate instructions to uninstall the previous version of XL2BB so I can load the new version. Thank you

You can find the install / uninstall instructions at the beginning of the article:
XL2BB - Excel Range to BBCode

Installation
  • Uninstall the previous version of XL2BB if any.
    • Launch Excel, click the File tab, click Options, and then click the Add-Ins category.
    • Find XL2BB add-in in the Add-ins list and get the installation location in the Location column.
    • In the Manage box, click Excel Add-ins, and then click Go.
      The Add-Ins dialog box appears.
    • Deselect the XL2BB add-in in the Available Add-ins box, click OK and quit Excel.
    • Go to add-in location and delete the xl2bb.xlam file.
    • Continue installing the new version by following the instructions below.
  • Download the add-in.
  • Launch Excel, click the File tab, click Options, and then click the Add-Ins category.
  • In the Manage box, click Excel Add-ins, and then click Go. The Add-Ins dialog box appears.
  • Click the Browse button to locate the add-in, and then click OK.
Additionally, there is also an XLSTART folder method for painless installation - just below this part in the article.

I got this error after upgrading to Office365.

Attachments

• Namnlös.png
    Namnlös.png
    3.1 KB · Views: 25
I got this error after upgrading to Office365.

Hello @RobertHamberg

Thanks for reporting the problem.

There is no additional reference used in the add-in, so I can't see an obvious reason related with the upgrade since we've been using the add-in in Office 365 since the initial release, and we didn't get this particular error report before.

However, It might be something related with the range you are trying to copy, something different in the selection that we didn't catch before. Did you try copying a basic range containing only numbers without formulas, named ranges, etc..? Does it cause the same problem for anything you try to copy?

Hello @RobertHamberg
However, It might be something related with the range you are trying to copy, something different in the selection that we didn't catch before. Did you try copying a basic range containing only numbers without formulas, named ranges, etc..? Does it cause the same problem for anything you try to copy?

Ive now tried to uninstall, restart computer, reinstall and the problem occur no matter what I try to copy :(

Problem solved. Thanks for great support @smozgur

Great to hear it is now up and running @RobertHamberg! :)

It was an extremely rare situation but your error report now lets me handle this rare situation to avoid it happening in the future.

Note for the MrExcel Message Board members who might be having the same problem.
If you switch the Office language for some reason - reinstalling or upgrading Office by changing its language, then XL2BB until version 1.2.8 fails during the range capture. This will be handled in version 1.2.9. However, if you currently have this problem then you can solve it executing the following code in the Immediate Window (Ctrl + G) in VBE.
VBA Code:
DeleteSetting "xl2bb"

Thanks @RobertHamberg!

I wonder why it says " Press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER to enter array formulas surrounded with curly braces. " after a Data Table has been pasted. This is slightly misleading to the user who copies it into a Workbook. See here, in K10:N16, where I had put a two-way Data Table.

Can you please help?

1598899628544.png

I wonder why it says " Press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER to enter array formulas surrounded with curly braces. " after a Data Table has been pasted. This is slightly misleading to the user who copies it into a Workbook. See here, in K10:N16, where I had put a two-way Data Table.

Can you please help?

Hi @DRSteele

When the mini-sheet content is copied from post to Excel, array formulas are not copied as array formulas, so it requires user to edit those cells and re-enter the pasted formulas by using CTRL + SHIFT + ENTER. That's why it says like that.

However, I don't know your Excel workbook and also nothing about TABLE() function. In fact, it is the first time I saw TABLE() function. Would you like me to send you a private message, so you can send me a sample workbook to help me understanding this better?

Thanks

Hi @smozgur

Thankyou for your reply. Here is a link to the workbook in OneDrive.

The Data Table is created by Data | What-if Analysis | Data Table.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcschafer209

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back