smozgur

XL2BB - Excel Range to BBCode 2.1

No permission to download
Hi, @narendra

I saw your review for XL2BB. Thanks for your review.

However, I can't post a sample in the reviews section, that's why I am sending here. It would be also a generic answer for the question you asked.

narendra said:
Can we also capture actual Result(value) and Cell Number Formats?

For example, cell A1 has formula '=1500*0.15784' where the result value will be '236.76' and cell number format is '#,##0', therefore the result displayed on the table is '237'.

Did you test this before posting your review? Because, XL2BB works exactly like this. See the following sample please.
Book1
A
Sheet1
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
A1A1=1500*0.15784

However, if you mean BB2XL, which means when you copy from this web page and paste in the Excel worksheet, then I'm afraid it is not possible, because the cell contains formula, and also transferred as a formula to the Excel worksheet. It is basically not possible to transfer cell number formats to the worksheet.
You'll see even Microsoft Excel Online doesn't work like this if you try to create the formula in A1 and format the cell in Excel Online, then copy and paste into Excel desktop application. It won't transfer the number formats.

By the way, if you don't need the formulas to be transferred to Excel, but values & formatting, then Alt + Click on the copy button as it is explained in the tooltip:
1605318026296.png

Then it will paste the cell values as you see them in the XL2BB mini-sheet. This is also how Microsoft Excel Online works.

Hope this helps.

Excel Facts

Bring active cell back into view
Start at A1 and select to A9999 while writing a formula, you can't see A1 anymore. Press Ctrl+Backspace to bring active cell into view.
smozgur updated XL2BB - Excel Range to BBCode with a new update entry:

v1.2.9 - Bug fixes

Bug fixes:
  • Fixed Excel 2007 incompatibility - Restored the XL2BB buttons disappeared in v1.2.8.
  • Fixed the bug that appeared after reinstalling the Office in a different language.
  • Fixed the trimmed spaces issue in cell values.
  • Fixed the wrong conditional formatting coloring for some colors.
  • Other minor bug fixes.
Thanks to @RobertHamberg, @DRSteele, @Peter_SSs, and @Fluff for...

Read the rest of this update entry...

is it possible to back to v1.2.8 (download this version)

Attention: If you are a member of the Office Insiders: Beta program, then XL2BB (or any other Excel add-in which is customizing the Ribbon) might fail to load due to a bug in the recent Office beta update.

It is not related to the recent XLBB update, v1.2.9.

See the following post for more details.

smozgur submitted a new Excel Add-in:

XL2BB - Excel Range to BBCode - Convert your Excel range to BBCode

Read more about XL2BB...
Hello I'm not sure what to do...
I posted a thread with a screen shot picture...(upload image)
Was told it would be better to use XL2BB, which I dont know how to download?
So was told you might be able to help me....
I simply want to share a MS Excel file so I can get help with VLOOKUPs....Very frustrating....

@Manny74 the instructions and download button are in the first link that you have just quoted.
I have posted the link again below.

What issues are you having?

Orange button in the top right of the page is the download button (see image below)
1607726375855.png

I have noticed that in Microsoft Excel for Mac (16.44) running under macOS Big Sur Version 11.1 on a MacBook Pro 15 Inch (2017) that if I use XL2BB from the MrExcel Ribbon > Capture Range causes the application to freeze, menus to be greyed out and any clicks in the UI results in error beeps.

If I use the context menu method there are no issues apparent.

I had uninstalled the XL2BB module and downloaded and reinstalled the newest version and it did not resolve the issue.

Hi, @psycoperl

Thank you for reporting the issue.

The add-in has been tested on macOS Big Sur 11.1 without problems, and there are no known problems. Therefore I assume it is a system-specific problem in the host application settings and/or configuration/version, so we need to find out what is not compatible at your side to be able to find an answer or fix any possible bug in the add-in that causes the problem in that specific conditions.

Some questions that might help to narrow it down:
  1. Are you using Office 365 on Mac? Although the add-in has not been tested on Office 2016 and 2019 versions, it should be working without problems in these Office versions but Office 2011 on Mac.
  2. Is it the same specific range that you have tested the add-in? Have you tried a simple range without any formulas or specific ranges containing names, data validation, or conditional formatting?
  3. Have you ever run the add-in successfully on Mac before the Big Sur upgrade? (Trying to make sure if it started with Big Sur upgrade).
  4. Are you sure that you have the add-in installed only once, so you have only one ribbon tab called MrExcel?
  5. Are you using the internal monitor only, or do you also have an external monitor attached to your MacBook?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smckenzie2016

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back