XY chart: giving weightage to individual points

ktdt77

I have created a XY chart. now I need to increse or decress size of points depending upon a data given in an coulmn. Pl help.

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

How to change case of text in Excel?
Use =UPPER() for upper case, =LOWER() for lower case, and =PROPER() for proper case. PROPER won't capitalize second c in Mccartney

RalphA

Assuming that your data is in column B, starting in cell B2, and the data referred to by "...depending upon a data given in a column" starts in C2, then, if you mean that this data are:

1. Multipliers, such as 1.01, 1.21, 0.985, etc.:
In D2, enter =B2*C22, Copy, and Paste down. Highlight column B2:down, do a Copy, click on Edit, Paste Special, and select Values. Now, do a Cut, and Paste in B2:down.

2. New data:
Highlight the column with the new data, C2:down, do a Copy, go to B2, do an Edit, Paste Special, select Values.

Hopefully, the above will either solve your problem, or show you a method to solve your problem.

Jon Peltier

MrExcel MVP
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. MacOS
ktdt77 said:
I have created a XY chart. now I need to increse or decress size of points depending upon a data given in an coulmn. Pl help.
Don't you want a bubble chart? Put X, Y, and BubbleSize values into three consecutive columns, start the chart wizard, and in step 1, select a Bubble style.

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deezina07