Y-Axis Text Box Not Scaleable

The Shark

I admit that this seems elementary, but for whatever reason I can no longer scroll over the corner of the text box that contains my Y Axis title and scale/re-size the box. In fact, no text boxes in my entire chart can be resized. I can move them all day long, but not change the size.

I have been unable to discover the magic keywords at Microsoft's support site that will unlock the right answer.

Here's what I know:

Just had my PC upgraded to XP (or rather, a completely new PC). AM using Excel 2000. I never had this problem when in Windows 2000 Pro using Excel 2000.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Excel Facts

Pivot Table Drill Down
Double-click any number in a pivot table to create a new report showing all detail rows that make up that number
Well, I figured out the problem, and it is obscure as could be. Our company uses Altiris Agent to supply patches and Windows Updates. I remembered on my old PC I did not have this software and never had this problem with Excel. After uninstalling Altiris and all associated programs Excel worked like a charm.

So, if anyone out there is having funny problems with Excel, it might be worth seeing if Altiris is being utilized.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m_smith_solihull

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back