Yes / No formula to match dates and report naming

G3N3RAL31

Hello all, I am trying to use a work report to display if an audit was done on specific date or no.
I want to use the dates in row 1 combined with the report name in column A to match the data generated in data report. They data report column H contains the report name and column P contained the date. They data report has multiple questions that display the same report name with the same date completed multipe times. I just want to have the tracker display Yes if the report/date combine exist for each day or No if it doesn't.

Attachments

• tracking.png
    tracking.png
    30.1 KB · Views: 15

Excel Facts

Will the fill handle fill 1, 2, 3?
Yes! Type 1 in a cell. Hold down Ctrl while you drag the fill handle.
Assuming the "Data Report" is in the same workbook as the "Tracking" worksheet, the solution requires that you insert a column somewhere in the "Data Report" worksheet. (I have used column "Z" but you can use which ever column in available to you. You'll just have to adjust the formula for the column you use.) This formula combines the "Report Name" from column H and the "Date" from column P. =H2&P2 Copy this formula down for all rows in the "Data Report".

Next insert the formula =IF(NOT(ISERROR(MATCH($A2&B$1,'Data Report'!$Z$2:$Z$13,0))),"Yes","No") into cell B2 and copy it to all cells in the "Tracking" worksheet with dates and reports.

Upvote 0
Another option, without a helper column
=IF(ISERROR(MATCH($A2&"|"&B$1, INDEX(Data!$H$2:$H$100&"|"&Data!$P$2:$P$100,0),0)),"No","Yes")

Upvote 0
Crystalyzer, thank you for your help. Here is what I ended up using to get it to work for me. Tried to create a space between the 2 cells, but made it work this way.

=IF(NOT(ISERROR(MATCH(TEXT(C$2,"mm/d/yyyy")& $B3,'data reports'!$R:$R,0))),"Yes","No")

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ahmad123098

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back