Likes Likes:  0

Thread: problem with a thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default problem with a thread

Hi all, I am having a problem with a thread by user Kristenisasuperstar.
    I read the thread and worked on a response and went to post a reply but now I can't get into the thread and get a "No thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator" message.

Can someone check if there is a problem with the thread or let me know if it has been blocked.

The thread was posted at 07.24pm UK time in the excel questions forum and the URL is https://www.mrexcel.com/forum/excel-...next-next.html

BTW, what is the best way of notifying the Mods/Admin in this circumstance (there appears to be a link on the word Administrator but I don't know what will happen if I click it)?
    Test VBA on a copy of your data (remember you can't normally reverse the action)

Please follow the forum Rules and Guidelines & please use Code tags around your code i.e. [CODE]your code[/CODE]

To post a screenshot try one of these links
    MrExcel HTML Maker, Excel jeanie, RoryA addin (Win & Mac) or Borders-Copy-Paste

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: problem with a thread

The thread was reported as a duplicate of: https://www.mrexcel.com/forum/excel-...each-then.html and deleted.
    Cheers
    Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Thanks for the clarification.
    Test VBA on a copy of your data (remember you can't normally reverse the action)

Please follow the forum Rules and Guidelines & please use Code tags around your code i.e. [CODE]your code[/CODE]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MARK858 View Post
    there appears to be a link on the word Administrator but I don't know what will happen if I click it?

You end up in an infinite loop where an IT professional advises you to reboot your computer to solve any problem you have.
    Rate Schedule:

• Answers: $1
    • Correct Answers: $2
    • Dumb looks are still free.

Want to make your listbox column widths adjustable? Take a look at this YouTube video and this sample file on RoryA's informative website: Tips and tricks | Excel Matters

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MrIfOnly View Post
    there appears to be a link on the word Administrator but I don't know what will happen if I click it?
    You end up in an infinite loop where an IT professional advises you to reboot your computer to solve any problem you have.
    Evidently you haven't tried it; either that or you're just trying to scare people. All it actually does is open up a 'Send an Email to the Site Administrator' screen for you to report the matter.
    Cheers
    Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My post was (what I thought was an obvious) joke.
    Rate Schedule:

• Answers: $1
    • Correct Answers: $2
    • Dumb looks are still free.

Want to make your listbox column widths adjustable? Take a look at this YouTube video and this sample file on RoryA's informative website: Tips and tricks | Excel Matters

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Macropod View Post
    All it actually does is open up a 'Send an Email to the Site Administrator' screen for you to report the matter.
    As I suspected but as I also suspected it was a Moderator action so I didn't really want to send it to an Administrator + I have always been taught not to click on links when you don't know what they do

A message to state that it had been deleted for whatever reason might have saved me asking the question and saved me a little time coding but not really my place to comment on any Moderators methods as they spend more than enough time dealing with the various issues.

Anyway back to looking at questions as I thought this thread would end at post number 3.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A message to state that it had been deleted for whatever reason might have saved me asking the question and saved me a little time coding but not really my place to comment on any Moderators methods as they spend more than enough time dealing with the various issues
    When a thread is permanently deleted, it's deleted from the database entirely and ceases to exist even for notification purposes. Even if it had only been soft-deleted, you wouldn't have been able to access it; all that might have happened is you'd get a different message.

FWIW, in all the years I've been moderating/administering five different boards, this is only the 2nd instance I've come across where someone was preparing a reply to a thread when it got deleted.
    Cheers
    Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

all that might have happened is you'd get a different message
    But that (depending obviously on what the message said i.e. see post in link) would have prevented this thread as I just would have moved on.

Just a suggestion, although I fully understand closing the thread and then coming back to delete it later causes extra work and Moderators can only spend a limited amount of their time managing the forum and I do appreciate the work you all put in for nothing

I will leave this thread now, thanks for spending your valuable time responding.
    Last edited by MARK858; Nov 23rd, 2017 at 11:23 PM. Reason: closed a bracket

Some videos you may like

User Tag List