Likes Likes:  0

Thread: New to MrExcel and How to post code

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default New to MrExcel and How to post code

I'm trying to learn how to post code etc before I use this site and not having any luck. I tried to download MREXCEL HTML Maker but do not have Addin folder? (that's a question i don't know how to answer). Testing post of code below seems ok but would like to show output from excel table. Any suggestions on how to show table data (and the functions within - control~) would be appreciated, Thank you in advance.

Code:
    For Each NumRange In Columns (C).SpecialCells(xlConstants, slNumbers).Areas
       SumAddr = NumRange.Address(False)
       NumRange.Offset(NumRange.Count, 0).Resize(1,1).Formula = =SUM( & SumAddr & )

c = NumRange.Count
    Next NumRange

MrExcel MVP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Default Re: New to MrExcel and How to post code

Quote Originally Posted by DanMor View Post
    I tried to download MREXCEL HTML Maker but do not have Addin folder? (that's a question i don't know how to answer).
    Have you tried following the instructions in post 3 here?
    Last edited by Peter_SSs; Jul 28th, 2018 at 12:04 AM.
    Hope this helps, good luck.
    Peter
    Excel 365 - Windows 10
    - Want to help your helpers by posting a small, copyable, screen shot directly in your post? Look here
    - If posting vba code, please use Code Tags - like this [code]Paste code here[/code] - or use the VBHTML Maker
    - Read: Forum Rules, Forum Use Guidelines, & FAQ

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I did get MREXCEL HTML Maker installed in addin folder and did unblock in properties but I cannot get it to show table without formulas. below is the only output I can get by creating HTML from this maker.

<b></b><table cellpadding="2.5px" rules="all" style=";background-color: rgb(255,255,255);border: 1px solid;border-collapse: collapse; border-color: rgb(187,187,187)"><colgroup><col width="25px" style="background-color: rgb(218,231,245)" /><col /></colgroup><thead><tr style=" background-color: rgb(218,231,245);text-align: center;color: rgb(22,17,32)"><th></th><th>C</th></tr></thead><tbody><tr ><td style="color: rgb(22,17,32);text-align: center;">4</td><td style="text-align: right;border-top: 1px solid black;border-right: 1px solid black;border-left: 1px solid black;;">4</td></tr><tr ><td style="color: rgb(22,17,32);text-align: center;">5</td><td style="border-right: 1px solid black;border-bottom: 1px solid black;border-left: 1px solid black;;">testing</td></tr></tbody></table><p style="width:4.8em;font-weight:bold;margin:0;padding:0.2em 0.6em 0.2em 0.5em;border: 1px solid rgb(187,187,187);border-top:none;text-align: center;background-color: rgb(218,231,245);color: rgb(22,17,32)">Sheet1</p><br /><br />

MrExcel MVP
    Junior Admin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

It doesn't work in the "About This Board" forum (HTML is not enabled in this particular forum). But it does in the "Test Here" forum (which is the forum to use to test these things).

I copied the code you posted in your previous post and put it in the "Test Here" forum, and it looks pretty good!
    See here: https://www.mrexcel.com/forum/test-h...ml#post5120797
    Last edited by Joe4; Aug 8th, 2018 at 12:33 PM.
    TIPS FOR FINDING EXCEL SOLUTIONS
    1. Use the built-in Help that comes with Excel/Access
    2. Use the Search functionality on this board
    3. A lot of VBA code can be acquired by using the Macro Recorder.

"Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, feed him for life!"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is there some reason that when I use the code tab "#", the blocking that makes code easy to read seems to always be surpressed.

Is that how it should work? Seems like kind of dumb to me. But that isn't to disparage having a very good forum to come to.

MrExcel MVP
    Junior Admin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

Is there some reason that when I use the code tab "#", the blocking that makes code easy to read seems to always be surpressed.
    Not really sure what you mean. Can you make a post showing this in the "Test Here" forum so we can see what you are referring to.

Seems like kind of dumb to me. But that isn't to disparage having a very good forum to come to.
    It wouldn't be taking a shot at us, but rather at the vBulletin software we use (it isn't something that we control).
    Sort of like if you created an Excel program for someone, they cannot blame you for inherent Excel features (well, they could try, but it probably wouldn't be very fruitful!)
    TIPS FOR FINDING EXCEL SOLUTIONS
    1. Use the built-in Help that comes with Excel/Access
    2. Use the Search functionality on this board
    3. A lot of VBA code can be acquired by using the Macro Recorder.

"Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, feed him for life!"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mackeral View Post

Is that how it should work? Seems like kind of dumb to me. But that isn't to disparage having a very good forum to come to.
    If you mean in the thread below it is because you haven't got a closing ] on the first CODE (probably overwrote it when you put in the Font tag). If you click reply with quote on your post you will see what I mean.

Edit: actually I think you have put the font tag within the code tag as there is a double ] after Consolas.

https://www.mrexcel.com/forum/excel-...ml#post5257950

Btw, you seem to have in working in another 2 posts that I looked at.
    Last edited by MARK858; Apr 11th, 2019 at 04:36 AM.
    Test VBA on a copy of your data (remember you can't normally reverse the action)

Please follow the forum Rules and Guidelines & please use Code tags around your code i.e. [CODE]your code[/CODE]

To post a screenshot try one of these links
    MrExcel HTML Maker, RoryA addin (Win & Mac) or Borders-Copy-Paste

Some videos you may like

User Tag List