Board wish list

Re: Code Window Line Breaks

I am using IE11, so I guess it is a Microsoft "thing" then.

May be... , Bit Weird and inconsistent

At Mr Excel it works for me in IE11 and Google Chrome. ( It never used to work in anything until just recently ) It is is still not working in IE 9

_......................
I just noticed that at Excell Fox it works now for me in Google Chrome. ( It never used to work in anything until just recently ) It is still not working in IE 9 or IE 11

_.....................
At Excel Forum it has always worked in everything ( or for at least the past years or so..... )

So could be Microsoft,,... or a vBulletin thing, who knows ... but your Table trick seems to work in everything
Alan

Last edited:
Thanks for the Scroll Bar

Hi, Thanks for the Scroll Bar :)
Hi,.........
RE: Code Window Line Breaks
I personally ( just IMVHO ) would prefer the Code Window......
.......as in the VB Editor, one must scroll to the right to see long lines.
At MrExcel carriage returns ( Line Breaks ) are automatically added.................
Thanks for the suggestions. We'll consider them carefully.

Rich (BB code):

'  Thank you very much, sir, Or madam,  (or vBulletin ??) ,  for adding (or re - installing )  the Scroll bar for Code windows and removing the aromatic wrapping of long lines. The Forum Code Window now has characteristics similar to the Visual Basic Code Editor Window. This is helpful in my opinion allowing a consistency of  the seen code which IMVHO is generally a more preferred situation. The inclusion of the aromatic wrapping of long lines was not, as far as I am aware, particularly of use or interest to anyone. The ability for wrapping such lines could / can in a code line be done at desirable points , if so desired, at the preferred  places using the VB  acceptance of a Underline thing _
At many points of a code line thus: - _
 (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/141513 )         .        Additionally, the  adding (or re - installing )  the Scroll bar for Code windows and removing the automatic wrapping of long lines is of personal interest to me. As Text is very "cheap" to store within the code Window, I like to include much useful documentation to the right of my main code, extending into the area mostly only seen when scrolling far to the right. This has the advantage of not cluttering the code one mostly "sees", whilst still having lots of info, often needed for later reference. This has gone a long way, I feel, to improving at least some acceptance of my unusual Posting style. - One does not necessarily have to read my notes.  Many Thanks once again. I hope the change may go some way to improving how I come out in MrExcel Posts. Best Wishes . Alan 

Thanks
Alan

_...............

P.s ... another idea, :LOL:
Maybe not too practical though! ......;)
http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/test-h...dow-now-scrolls-horizontally.html#post4466496

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ripvw

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back