Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

vba to condense similar cells into new cell, with total overall quantity.

This is a discussion on vba to condense similar cells into new cell, with total overall quantity. within the Excel Questions forums, part of the Question Forums category; hi Squidd, I dont mind if sheet 3 is visible. Our system generates excel files, which we format and turn ...

Default Re: vba to condense similar cells into new cell, with total overall quantity.

hi Squidd, I dont mind if sheet 3 is visible. Our system generates excel files, which we format and turn into price lists, cut sheets, etc. By default, they only have sheet 1. If possible, id like the macro to create a sheet 3 so we dont have to manually add it each time. This would be numerous times per day.

Default Re: vba to condense similar cells into new cell, with total overall quantity.

Alrighty, I got it working. I ended up taking our price list template, and adding sheet 3 to that. this way when the macros we use create the price list, it creates this cut sheet you've been helping with onto the pricelist excel. I used the updated code you sent last night, thanks for all the help Dave.

Board Regular

Ok, good stuff.

you are welcome.

im sure we could create what you desire without to much problem, but if youre happy with how its working then we can leave it.

let me know if you want the code changed.

one last thing, the only thing that MAY cause you a problem. The whole code is based around case sensitivity. so check that you will not have a problem, for instance, oak and OAK or Oak are all different.

you may have to test it to see how it reacts. only thought of it last night.

cheers

Dave
    Some one always knows more than me,thats why I am here.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Like this thread? Share it with others

Like this thread? Share it with others