Counting rows where all data is populated

datadummy

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I am trying to write a Countif formula that reads as follows =COUNTIFS(Data!C:C,"Heart Center",Data!A:A,">06/30/2017",Data!A:A,"<08/01/2017",Data!D:D,">3000",Data!D:D,"<3999") but I now need to incorporate into the formula where it would only count if the entire row is populated, columns E-K could potentially be blank, if ones blank they'd all be blank and shouldn't be counted.

Excel Facts

What do {} around a formula in the formula bar mean?
{Formula} means the formula was entered using Ctrl+Shift+Enter signifying an old-style array formula.
@datadummy, it seems to me you'd just add the bit in red below:

=COUNTIFS(Data!C:C,"Heart Center"... ... ... Data!D:D,"<3999",Data!E:E,"<#")

However, as always, I'd recommend limiting your ranges (e.g., Data!A:A to Data!A2:A1000, etc.) for the sake of performance/speed.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I gave it a shot just adding that red part to the end and it essentially broke the formula returning #VALUE!.

Upvote 0
@datadummy,

I misread what you wanted. We'll need the opposite of that red part ('greater than' not 'less than'):

Data!E:E,">#"

Give that a try.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
@ErikTyler
I tried it again and am still getting #VALUE!. Here is the current formula, =COUNTIFS(Data!D:D,"Heart Center",Data!B2:B100,">06/30/2017",Data!B2:B100,"<08/01/2017",Data!D:D,">3000",Data!D:D,"<3999",Data!E:E,">#"). Not sure why its not working.

Upvote 0
@datadummy, if something WERE to be entered into a cell in Column E, what type/format of information would it be? Are the cells in that column formatted as a specific type? My suggested addition assumes text string, which it shouldn't.

First try replacing with this:

Data!E:E,"<>"&""

Last edited:
Upvote 0
@datadummy

Control+shift+enter, not just enter:

=SUM(IF(1-(data!$E$2:$K$3=""),IF(data!$A$2:$A$3>"6/30/2017"+0,IF(data!$A$2:$A$3<"8/01/2017"+0,IF(data!$C$2:$C$3="heart center",IF(data!$D$2:$D$3 > 3000,IF(data!$D$2:$D$3 < 3999,1)))))))

Adjust the ranges to suit. Do not reference whole columns though for reasons of efficiency.

Upvote 0
@datadummy, if something WERE to be entered into a cell in Column E, what type/format of information would it be? Are the cells in that column formatted as a specific type? My suggested addition assumes text string, which it shouldn't.

First try replacing with this:

Data!E:E,"<>"&""

The data in that column are numerical values.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnur

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back