VBA - Email notification when job added to list.

JAB331

Morning All,

Within my department we use an excel based job register for employees to add engineering issues as they occur. Currently someone within my department has to sporadically check the register to see if any new jobs have been added and then assign them to an engineer and give it a priority etc. Is it possible to set up something within VBA that will send an email as a job has been added so they aren't missed and they can be assigned and reviewed quickly?

Thanks,

Jack

Excel Facts

Formula for Yesterday
Name Manager, New Name. Yesterday =TODAY()-1. OK. Then, use =YESTERDAY in any cell. Tomorrow could be =TODAY()+1.
Thank you for the response Than_gold.

I only now the relative basic of VBA so I'm able to check the references are enabled and to create forms etc but I'm pretty lost from there.

I was already using a form for the input of new jobs so I have just added the code from the above link to the "submit job" button but to no avail.

Will there be an issue with the fact that the job register itself will be saved on a general drive and people will be accessing the file from different PC's, log ins and email accounts to add jobs to the register?

Ideally I'd just like a generic new job added message sent to a single email address every time somebody submits a new job to the register.

Thanks

Upvote 0
Hi,

I would go back to the post provided by than_gold and look at https://www.rondebruin.nl/win/s1/outlook/bmail9.htm in particular.
Perhaps you could have a hidden cell, that when the value equals 1, and email is sent. Hide a column on your original sheet so that when a user enters a job, the hidden column value changes to 1 and email is sent?
Just a thought...

Best regards
manc

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chandan4057

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back