Userform to roundup decimals to the nearest 0.25 or 0.5 or 0.75

Apple08

Hi everyone

I have to roundup an userform decimal places to the nearest 0.25 or 0.5 or 0.75. I use the following formula but it is only to set the decimal place to two digits but cannot round up. Please can anyone help?

tBox3 = Format(Round(Val(WordCount) / Range("$C$21") * 1.3, 2), "0" & Application.DecimalSeparator & "00")

Any help is appreciated.

Excel Facts

Copy a format multiple times
Select a formatted range. Double-click the Format Painter (left side of Home tab). You can paste formatting multiple times. Esc to stop
I have updated the code as below:

TextBox3 = Format(Round(Val(WordCount) / Range("$C$21") * 1.3, 2), "0" & Application.DecimalSeparator & "00")
TextBox3.Value = WorksheetFunction.MRound(myNumber, 0.25)

No matter I use MRound or Ceiling, the number still showing as 43.73 instead of round up to 43.75. Have I done anything wrong? And do I have to Add the same code to all of my twenty Textboxes?

Upvote 0
I have updated the code as below:

TextBox3 = Format(Round(Val(WordCount) / Range("$C$21") * 1.3, 2), "0" & Application.DecimalSeparator & "00")
TextBox3.Value = WorksheetFunction.MRound(myNumber, 0.25)

No matter I use MRound or Ceiling, the number still showing as 43.73 instead of round up to 43.75

in example MyNumber represents just the number that needs to be rounded. so you have to replace myNumber with what has to be rounded

I have over 20 text boxes, do I have to list out each one to add the code?
cant say without looking at the whole code, but in general you should need to do it for all the textboxes

and if you want to always round it up then use CEILING as suggested, depends what you want to achieve

Upvote 0
This is a calculation field, so the number value is changeable, is there a way to round the number up in generic?

Upvote 0
I have updated the code as below but the calculation field still doesn't round up. Have I done anything wrong?

TextBox3.Value = WorksheetFunction.Ceiling(Val(WordCount) / Range("$C$21") * 1.3, 0.25)

Upvote 0
why are you muliplying by 1.3?

could you post a sample of raw number and expected result?

what is Val(wordcount) and what is range(C21)?

Upvote 0
WordCount is an number input field so it could be various. C21 is a fix number field 913, the equation is what ever the word count, then to add 30% on top. e.g. 1000 / 913 * 1.3

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoracer88

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back