Double Trouble

boakley

Hi everyone.

I have two issues that I think a lot of you would be able to help with.

Issue#1: Conditional Formatting

I have 3 cells in different location in the same row that need to be conditionally formatted. Each of the three cells already have a formula in them. End state, I want the cell to turn green if the value in the cell is >=50 and I want it to turn red if the value is<=49. I have already played with it and got it to work but once I take the data out of the cell, it stays green. I can only imagine that it has something to do with the formula that is already in the cell. The cells are Cells G4, I4, and K4. The formulas for each cell under below.Any help?

(G4): =IF(D4="M",INDEX(MALE_PU!B2:AO117,MATCH(F4,MALE_PU!A2:A117,0),MATCH(E4,MALE_PU!B1:AO1,0)),IF(D4="F",INDEX(FEMALE_PU!B2:AO117,MATCH(F4,FEMALE_PU!A2:A117,0),MATCH(E4,FEMALE_PU!B1:AO1,0)),""))

(I4): =IF(D4="M",INDEX(MALE_SU!B2:AO121,MATCH(H4,MALE_SU!A2:A121,0),MATCH(E4,MALE_SU!B1:AO1,0)),IF(D4="F",INDEX(FEMALE_SU!B2:AO117,MATCH(H4,FEMALE_SU!A2:A121,0),MATCH(E4,FEMALE_SU!B1:AO1,0)),""))

(K4): =IF(D4="M",INDEX(MALE_RUN!B2:AO614,MATCH(J4,MALE_RUN!A2:A614,0),MATCH(E4,MALE_RUN!B1:AO1,0)),IF(D4="F",INDEX(FEMALE_RUN!B2:AO584,MATCH(J4,FEMALE_RUN!A2:A584,0),MATCH(E4,FEMALE_RUN!B1:AO1,0)),""))

Issue#2: In the same cells previously stated in "Issue#1", I need those cells to convert some numbers appropriately. So if cell G4 has a value of 101, I4 has a value of 103 and K4 has a value of 98... I need cells G4 and I4 to automatically change to 100 instead of the values that were over 100, simply because K4 did not meet the "100" mark. The same goes with the other two cells. If there is one or more cells out of those three that did not break 100 or more, then I need the cells that did break 100 or more to return themselves back to "100".

Thank you in advance for the help!!

Excel Facts

Get help while writing formula
Click the italics "fx" icon to the left of the formula bar to open the Functions Arguments dialog. Help is displayed for each argument.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vivek chauhan

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back