Pivot with both count distinct AND calculated fields

maffewBHA

Hey guys first post, good morning (well here anyway) to you all.

I have looked for a solution to this and am hitting a bit of a blank, I am sure it must be answered somewhere

Excel 2016. I want to add distinct count to a pivot table. in its simplest form, its sales rep, order counts, and item counts

So

Desired Table
Rep Orders Items
ABD 1 2
EFG 3 6
HIJ 2 2

Data
Rep OrderNo Item No
ABD 1 10
ABD 1 11
EFG 2 12
EFG 2 13
EFG 2 14
EFG 3 15
EFG 4 16
EFG 4 17
HIJ 5 18
HIJ 6 19

If when I create the pivot I select the add to data model tick, then I get the distinct count option in the field value settings , which gives me what I want (ie unique count of orders) as I am sure many of you are aware
Though when doing this I lose the option to add calculated field, it become greyed out
If I dont add it to the data model I get the calculated field option, but no distinct count as an option for the field value. I need both

So I see this is something to do with the connection/source data/OLAP blah.
Right now its a view from sql server (which is currently just copied and pasted in to the "data" worksheet).
Can I have both distinct count and calculated fields? Is there a workaround?

I need to add some calculated fields for a percentage later in the table. I do have access and rights to update the sql view, though Excel is more happily supported in my environment than tsql. Can anyone advise - also being new here I hope this meets any posting requirements and I have explained ok. Off to work now to tackle this so a heads up would be fantastic :) This one simple thing is holding back the delivery, errm today:) I can upload/send an example it be needed (if the forum supports this)

Thanks a million

If the data is sorted on order number, it would just be something like:

=IF(I2=I1,0,1)

copied down.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Back into an answer in Excel
Use Data, What-If Analysis, Goal Seek to find the correct input cell value to reach a desired result
Thanks again for the workaround on this. It did the job, I have managed to get a "Uniqueorderidentifier" flag in the SQL view to sum instead

Quick pivot question, not sure it warrants a new thread

Im having a a hell of a game with filters not retaining their formats, orders...

My current issue is that I have a Week Commencing field. its coming up with EVERY day of the year in the format 01-Jan. And a final field value >27 August

It should only have values in SINCE the 27 August 2018, as per the data, and then just one per week!? I had it working briefly by putting it in the rows or columns where it works as expected, then moving it back to filters , but its gone back to how it was now in the filter area. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Upvote 0
Did you group the date field?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoracer88

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back