Lowggy

I have and excel file with about 200 rows. Consecutive columns have cells with last name, first name but in between those pairs of couple there are single names. I want to sort the file in alphabetical order keeping all the couples together and listing the single names at the end and of course keeping all the other columns in tact.

Excel Facts

Format cells as time
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+2 to format cells as time. (Shift 2 is the @ sign).
Peter SS, I posted another thread and included a file in my Dropbox but it seems to hav disappeared. Can I supply you guys with a file that has some vba code that does 80% of what I want it to do and have an expert see if he/she has a solution. Not sure I got the file out or even the post.

Upvote 0
Not sure what you mean here by clever solution.
Did my file get shared in Drop Box. Is it clear what I am asking for?

My apologies, I didn't realize how old this thread was. I just found Peter's earlier sorting solution to be a wonderful response...

Upvote 0
@ Lowggy
I can't find any new threads, from yourself.

Upvote 0
I will post it again in an hour or so.
Randy
I have a list of 160 golfers, 80 couples that I want to make 40 teams of 4 somes but each team has to have two couples. Each player has a different handicap. I have code from another gentleman that allows me to list all the players and number the first 31 couples and then it makes up the 40 teams but it does not keep the couples together. I know this sounds complicated but I could send the file, you can run it and see the results. I was sure I put this in my Dropbox as suggested but I have not heard anything.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erald

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back