41NoNo1
52NoYes1
63YesYes1
74YesNo1
84NoNo1
95NoNo1

<tbody>
</tbody>

What I need to try and work out is as follows as a formula for Column D is a follows :-

Colums C is to ="No" Login is to Equal "No" How many unique values are left in Column A ?? So in this example the answer would be 1 and this is user ID 5. This is because there are some Login "Yes" answers for the user ID's. So if anybody has logged in under the User ID I do not want to count that User ID. Just UTC "No" and Logon "No" per User ID.

Secondly I need to count all users in Column D where at least 1 User ID has logged on. So this would be C="No" B="Yes". In this case the answer would be 5. User ID is a No, No and 2 and 3 are a UTC Yes. So if a User ID had a list of 20 underneath and at least one had logged on, I would count them all. I need to exclude any Use ID's where there have been no logon's.

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks

Excel Facts

What did Pito Salas invent?
Pito Salas, working for Lotus, popularized what would become to be pivot tables. It was released as Lotus Improv in 1989.
First question
Array formula
=SUM(--(ISNA(MATCH(A2:A9,IF((B2:B9="Yes")+(C2:C9="Yes"),A2:A9),0))))
confirmed with Ctrl+Shift+Enter, not just Enter

I didn't understand the second question.
Why 5 is the expected result? Shouldn't be 6 (3 instances of user 1; 1 instance of user 3; 2 instances of user 4)?

M.

Upvote 0
Array formula for the first requirement.

{=SUM(IF(COUNTIF(A2:A9,IF(C2:C9="No",IF(B2:B9="No",A2:A9)))=1,1))}

Like Marcelo, I did not understand your second request.

Upvote 0
First question
Array formula
=SUM(--(ISNA(MATCH(A2:A9,IF((B2:B9="Yes")+(C2:C9="Yes"),A2:A9),0))))

I didn't understand the second question.
Why 5 is the expected result? Shouldn't be 6 (3 instances of user 1; 1 instance of user 3; 2 instances of user 4)?

M.

Thanks for this. Will give it a try later.

With regards to the second question. I was going around in cirlcles all day with this yesterday. Basically i need to count column D where at least 1 person has logged per user ID. So for User ID 1 for instance the count would be 3 as 2 have logged in and 1 hasn't. I need to total all the users where at least 1 person has logged in per user ID. User ID would be 4 and i don't need to count User ID 5 as nobody has logged in. So the total for the sheet above would be 5. The UTC field also needs to be a "No".

Thanks

Upvote 0
Array formula for the first requirement.

{=SUM(IF(COUNTIF(A2:A9,IF(C2:C9="No",IF(B2:B9="No",A2:A9)))=1,1))}

Like Marcelo, I did not understand your second request.

With regards to the second question. I was going around in cirlcles all day with this yesterday. Basically i need to count column D where at least 1 person has logged per user ID. So for User ID 1 for instance the count would be 3 as 2 have logged in and 1 hasn't. I need to total all the users where at least 1 person has logged in per user ID. User ID would be 4 and i don't need to count User ID 5 as nobody has logged in. So the total for the sheet above would be 5. The UTC field also needs to be a "No".

Upvote 0
Second question

Array formula
=SUM(--ISNUMBER(MATCH(A2:A9,IF((B2:B9="Yes")*(C2:C9="No"),A2:A9),0)))

M.

Upvote 0

Try this array formula

{=SUM(COUNTIF(A2:A9,IF(FREQUENCY(IF(B2:B9="Yes",IF(C2:C9="No",A2:A9)),A2:A9) > 0,A2:A9)))}

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Apologies I haven’t explained myself very clearly here. WhatI need to achieve is a total of unique values in column A based on thefollowing criteria. Column B="No" and Column C="No". Thekey part of this is as follows - Take user ID1, we cannot count this one asthere have been 2 x Yes answers. So the only user id we can count here is userid 4. As I need to count unique numbers then the answer to this would be 1.Basically i need to disregard any user ID's that do not meet the criteria 100%.

Once I get this bit sorted I will be back with a few more requests for help.

Thanks

Upvote 0
Apologies I havenÂ’t explained myself very clearly here. WhatI need to achieve is a total of unique values in column A based on thefollowing criteria. Column B="No" and Column C="No". Thekey part of this is as follows - Take user ID1, we cannot count this one asthere have been 2 x Yes answers. So the only user id we can count here is userid 4. As I need to count unique numbers then the answer to this would be 1.Basically i need to disregard any user ID's that do not meet the criteria 100%.

Once I get this bit sorted I will be back with a few more requests for help.

Thanks

I'm confused, this is the requirement for the "First" petition.You could put examples back and explain the "First" and "Second" requests.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmaske

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back