Comma seperated values gets converted into Numbers when Excel file downloaded from ERP.

centaur87

Downloaded file column dataActual Data what i see on screen
1.8930196061893E+29'1893019606,1893019607,1893019608
18930195971893000000'1893019597,1893019638

<tbody>
</tbody>

Above Table column 2 is what i should get after downloading the excel file i.e. Numbers with Delimiters csv, but it gets converted into Numbers.

Can someone help me to covert this numbers as per there actual Data and return Data as Numbers with comma seperated value as ehat i see on screen.

Excel Facts

Copy PDF to Excel
Select data in PDF. Paste to Microsoft Word. Copy from Word and paste to Excel.
I think the the issue is that when you open CSV files in Excel, it bypasses the Import Wizard, and makes assumptions in regards to your fields. But you can force it to use the Import Wizard by changing the file extension from "CSV" to "TXT" before opening it, as explained here: https://support.office.com/en-us/ar...sv-files-5250ac4c-663c-47ce-937b-339e391393ba, specifically, this section:
[FONT=&quot]Note:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] When Excel opens a .csv file, it uses the current default data format settings to interpret how to import each column of data. If you want more flexibility in converting columns to different data formats, you can use the Import Text Wizard. For example, the format of a data column in the .csv file may be MDY, but Excel's default data format is YMD, or you want to convert a column of numbers that contains leading zeros to text so you can preserve the leading zeros. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]To force Excel to run the Import Text Wizard, you can change the file name extension from .csv to .txt before you open it, or you can import a text file by connecting to it[/FONT][FONT=&quot] (for more information, see the following section).[/FONT]

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erald

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back