Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Transferring the Total to new worksheet by Month

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok..I have 10 rows and 31 columns(represents a month), each column is totalled as is each row. I would like the total at the end of the month(last column)to be transfered to wksheet 2 to the corresponding months column.
    How does it know what month and how can the data remain when entering the next months data.

Board Regular
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are a lot of ways to do what you want but I think the easiest is to use Paste Special. On the data you want to copy right click your mouse and chose Copy. Now on the sheet you want to copy to place the mouse pointer in the cell where you want the data.Again right click the mouse and chose Paste Special. On the lower left of the popup window chose Paste Link. Now the data from sheet one will appear on sheet two.....

Denny

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you will be reusing the first worksheet for the next month, then you don't want to paste link because the values on the second worksheet will change when you change the values on the first worksheet. If you want to preserve the old numbers, then you should probably do a paste special - values.

Board Regular
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you retain each month in the spreadsheet,
    you can name the total amount for each month and use a formual in the summary sheet such as the following:

For January (month 1) =Total1
    February(month 2) =Total2

or you can ignore the Total and sum all the detail (I named the sheets 1, 2, etc)

January =SUM('1'!A1:AE1)
    February =SUM('2'!A1:AE1)

If you do not keep all the sheets in the spreadsheet, use Edit Copy and Edit Paste Special Values.

Some videos you may like

User Tag List

Like this thread? Share it with others

Like this thread? Share it with others