ClassFactory Cannot Supply Requested Class

Draperies

Board Regular
I receive the following error whenever I try to run a macro in Excel:
"System Error &H80040111 (-2147221231). classFactory cannot supply requested class." This is immediately followed by "Out of memory"

I was eventually able to stop the error from occurring by removing all forms containing a listview control in my macro file.

Does anybody have any idea as to how I might fix this? I have tried repairing my Office installation, uninstalling and reinstalling Office, and reregistering MSCOMCT2.OCX but nothing seems to work.

Excel Facts

How to change case of text in Excel?
Use =UPPER() for upper case, =LOWER() for lower case, and =PROPER() for proper case. PROPER won't capitalize second c in Mccartney
I receive the following error whenever I try to run a macro in Excel:
"System Error &H80040111 (-2147221231). classFactory cannot supply requested class." This is immediately followed by "Out of memory"

I was eventually able to stop the error from occurring by removing all forms containing a listview control in my macro file.

Does anybody have any idea as to how I might fix this? I have tried repairing my Office installation, uninstalling and reinstalling Office, and reregistering MSCOMCT2.OCX but nothing seems to work.

Hi - I get exactly the same error. Did you end up finding out to fix it?

Upvote 0
Which version of excel?

Upvote 0
I assume it's just one workbook? What controls does it use?

Upvote 0
I am also using Excel 2007 version 12.0. I haven't found a fix yet except to rewrite things that were using controls that caused a problem.

Upvote 0
As a general rule, my first suggestion for issues with controls is to locate and delete (with Excel closed) any .exd files on your hard drive. (You need to search in hidden files and folders).

Upvote 0
As a general rule, my first suggestion for issues with controls is to locate and delete (with Excel closed) any .exd files on your hard drive. (You need to search in hidden files and folders).

What is meant by controls? Are you alluding to customized ribbons? Forms?

Upvote 0
I am referring to controls (e.g. listboxes, comboboxes) on worksheets or on userforms.

Upvote 0
I am using userforms extensively in the workbook. But the error message pops up when the user enables macros, before any userform is used.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvine

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back