Excel VBA based Error - "run-time error '-2147221231 (80040111)':

mena139

Every time I try to run the Macro that i have inherited from previous employees here, i get this new run time error.

run-time error '-2147221231 (80040111)':

automation error
ClassFactory Cannot supply requested class

when i hit debug it takes me to the following line

Dim objDataControl As BLP_DATA_CTRLLib.BlpData
Set objDataControl = New BlpData

and highlights the second. any advice on how to fix this or why this error is happening. yesterday this file wokred without issue and today I seem to be missing something.
any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

rlv01

The error suggests a problem with an object or ActiveX control and likely means that your inherited macro requires an object or control (BLP_DATA_CTRLLib.BlpData) that is not installed on your PC. A random amount of googling also suggests that some people have seen macros using the Bloomberg Data Control developed under 2010 crash when ported to Excel 2016

rd88817

The error suggests a problem with an object or ActiveX control and likely means that your inherited macro requires an object or control (BLP_DATA_CTRLLib.BlpData) that is not installed on your PC. A random amount of googling also suggests that some people have seen macros using the Bloomberg Data Control developed under 2010 crash when ported to Excel 2016

yes, Bloomberg have updated their "Bloomberg Office Tools (32-bit)" on May 1st and I am having the same problem.
Will update when I have an answer...

mena139

wow! where did you see there was an update? been working on it for 15 hrs now!

rd88817

yes, Bloomberg have updated their "Bloomberg Office Tools (32-bit)" on May 1st and I am having the same problem.
Will update when I have an answer...
BLOOMBERG HELP DESK:
We have been sending out notifications in Excel since February, but there were some limitations in our ability to detect usage of the legacy APIs. This prevented some people from receiving notifications or receiving them late. We can keep the API enabled for an additional month. If you think you need more time than that, please contact your sales rep
ME: So it's an account setting on your side??13:01:11 BLOOMBERG HELP DESK : Yes, you have now been reverted. Please restart your computer to see the changes take place.

mena139

and this worked for you?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elbashka

Some videos you may like

This Week's Hot Topics

• populate from drop list with multiple tables
    Hi All, i have a drop list that displays data, what i want is when i select one of those from the list to populate text from different tables on...
  • Find list of words from sheet2 in sheet1 before a comma and extract text vba
    Hi Friends, Trying to find the solution on my task. But did not find suitable one to the need. Here is my query and sample file with details...
  • Dynamic Formula entry - VBA code sought
    Hello, really hope one of you experts can help with this - i've spent hours on this and getting no-where. .I have a set of data (more rows than...
  • Listbox Header
    Have a named range called "AccidentsHeader" Within my code I have: [CODE]Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() ListBox1.RowSource =...
  • Complex Heat Map using conditional formatting
    Good day excel world. I have a concern. Below link have a list of countries that carries each country unique data. [URL...
  • Conditional formatting
    Hi good morning, hope you can help me please, I have cells P4:P54 and if this cell is equal to 1 then i want row O to say "Fully Utilised" and to...