Add visual (image) tooltip to custom button on Ribbon

okili

Hello, I want to add visual tooltip to my custom button, for better explanation of its functions, but I can't figure out how...

Here I have depicted what I want:
433d879a8528.gif

I can get something like this, using Custom UI Editor, but can not add image to it, like in previous picture:
434bb3aea276.gif

Hope its clear what I want and someone can help.

Excel Facts

Ambidextrous Undo
Undo last command with Ctrl+Z or Alt+Backspace. If you use the Undo icon in the QAT, open the drop-down arrow to undo up to 100 steps.
can you post what you pasted into, custom UI editor, i ended up doing it long hand, by renaming files as a zip file, extracting the XML and doing it that way

Upvote 0
can you post what you pasted into, custom UI editor, i ended up doing it long hand, by renaming files as a zip file, extracting the XML and doing it that way
Sure, here it is:
HTML:
<customUI xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2006/01/customui">
    <ribbon startFromScratch="false">
        <tabs>
            <tab id="customTab" label="EY-GE Tools" keytip="G">

<group id="dropdowns" label="Navigation">
          <menu id="MyDropdownMenu" label="Go" size="large" imageMso="MacroPlay" >
<button id ="up_to_different_cell" label = "Up to Different Cell" imageMso="OutlineMoveUp" onAction="up_to_different_cell"/>
<button id ="down_to_different_cell" label = "Down to Different Cell" imageMso="OutlineMoveDown" onAction="down_to_different_cell"/>
<button id ="up_to_different_color" label = "Up to Different Color" imageMso="OutlineMoveUp" onAction="up_to_different_color"/>
<button id ="down_to_different_color" label = "Down to Different Color" imageMso="OutlineMoveDown" onAction="down_to_different_color"/>
          </menu>

<button id ="wsactivate" label = "Activate Sheet" imageMso="TablePropertiesDialog" size="large" screentip="Activate Sheet (Ctrl+Shift+G)" keytip="A" supertip="Opens Activate Sheet dialog to select worksheet where to go" onAction="wsactivate"/>

</group>
                <group id="Zoom" label="Zoom">
        <menu id="Zoomi" label="Zoom" size="large" imageMso="ZoomPrintPreviewExcel" >
                    <button id="zoom80active" label="Zoom Active Sheet to 80%" imageMso="ZoomPrintPreviewExcel" onAction="zoom80" />
                    <button id="zoom80all" label="Zoom all Sheets to 80%" imageMso="ZoomPrintPreviewExcel" onAction="zoom80all" />
                    <button id="zoom100all" label="Zoom all Sheets to 100%" imageMso="ZoomPrintPreviewExcel" onAction="zoom100all" />
        </menu>
                </group>
                <group id="converteri" label="Converter">
                    <button id="startconverteri" label="Unicode Converter" imageMso="Spelling" size="normal" screentip="Unicode Converter" supertip="Converts various fonts to Georgian Unicode and vice versa. Clicking this button adds the Unicode Converter tab on the right side of the Ribbon." keytip="U" onAction="converteri" />
                </group>

<group id="mytools" label="Userful tools">
                    <button id="uniquelistgenerator" label="Generate Unique List from Selection" imageMso="ConditionalFormattingHighlightDuplicateValues" size="normal" onAction="unique_values" />
                    <button id="sumiftosum" label="Convert SUMIF to SUM for selected range" imageMso="AutoSum" size="normal" onAction="sumif_to_sum" />
                    <button id="vlookuptolink" label="Convert VlookUp to Direct Link for selected range" imageMso="FindNext" size="normal" onAction="vlookup_to_link" />
                    <button id="ReplaceLineBreaks" label="Replace Line Breaks with |" imageMso="AccessRefreshAllLists" size="normal" screentip="Replace line breaks with | symbol" supertip="Replaces line breaks (Alt+Enter) by ' | ' (vertical bar) symbol" onAction="ReplaceLineBreaks" />
                    <button id="ConcatenateSelectedCells" label="Concatenate Selected Cells" imageMso="AsianLayoutCombineCharacters" size="normal" supertip="Concatenate values of several cells into first cell" onAction="ConcatenateSelectedCells" />
                </group>
                <group id="calculates" label="Calculator">
                    <button id="calculate_selection" label="Calculate Selection" imageMso="CalculateNow" size="large" keytip="C" onAction="calculate_selection" />
                </group>
                <group id="utilities2" label="Copy-Paste">
                    <button id="copy_filtered" label="Copy Filtered Cells" imageMso="Copy" size="large" keytip="O" onAction="Copy_Filtered_Cells" />
                </group>
                <group id="colors" label="Colors">
                    <button id="green" label="Data from client system/application" screentip="Fill with green background" supertip="The background of the selection will be filled with green color" image="Color_Green" size="normal" onAction="DataClient" />
                    <button id="blue" label="Data filled/recalculated by EY" screentip="Fill with blue background" supertip="The background of the selection will be filled with blue color" image="Color_Blue" size="normal" onAction="DataEY" />
                </group>
                <group id="shortcuts" label="Shortcuts">
                    <button id="show_shortcuts" label="Keyboard Shortcuts" screentip="Show Assigned Keyboard Shortcuts" supertip="This will show the list of custom keyboard shortcuts assigned to various tasks" image="Keyboard" size="large" keytip="S" onAction="show_shortcuts" />
                </group>
            </tab>
        </tabs>
    </ribbon>
</customUI>

The sample button code is in red color...

Thank you for your interest. Hope we can get to the result, I try to search it anywhere, but can't find how to do it.
<customui xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2006/01/customui"><ribbon startfromscratch="false"><tabs><tab id="customTab" label="EY-GE Tools" keytip="G"></tab></tabs></ribbon></customui>

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidcom

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back