Worksheet.Change event to hide blank rows

Fishboy

Hi all,

I am working on an Excel 2010 workbook and am looking to create a worksheet.change event to hide specific rows if they are blank, or show them if they are not.

I have a number of tables which use formulas to populate cells based on values elsewhere in the workbook, which means sometimes rows have data in and sometimes not. I am looking to have the worksheet.change code look at specific cells (defined in the code) and if the referenced cell is blank hide the row.

For example:

I want to look at C35:C43, and for every blank cell the rest of that row needs to hide.
Changes elsewhere in the workbook might suddenly populate a previously blank cell in range C35:C43, at which point the corresponding row needs to unhide.

I don't know if I can use the above range to achieve this, or whether there needs to be a specific line of code for each row.

Can anyone offer any insight at all please?

Excel Facts

Convert text numbers to real numbers
Select a column containing text numbers. Press Alt+D E F to quickly convert text to numbers. Faster than "Convert to Number"
Hi Fishboy. You won't be able to do this with a worksheet.change event because the event will not be triggered by a change in the cell if the change is the result of a formula.

Upvote 0
Hi mumps, thanks for the response. I take it even a simple formula such as =('SheetName'!C130) would not allow the code to trigger?

Upvote 0
Dang :(

Do you have any suggestions to dynamically hide rows based on cell value, or would it have to be an actual macro that I would need to press to get it to run as desired?

Upvote 0
I suspect you would have to use a macro unless some other forum member has a different approach.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the feedback mate. I guess I will have to look into alternate methods for this.

Cheers

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnur

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back