cells not updating

jalea148

Board Regular
Problem started with Win 7 and continues in Win 10. running 2010 Pro Plus. Recently repair was tried without improvement. Also completely deleted and re installed office. When a cell is changed other cells that refer to it should update. There are thousands of these. I have a work around, but it's not practical [ find all =/replace all with =].

Excel Facts

Do you hate GETPIVOTDATA?
Prevent GETPIVOTDATA. Select inside a PivotTable. In the Analyze tab of the ribbon, open the dropown next to Options and turn it off
when you have a big spreadsheet and are making changes it can lake a long time to update, so setting calculate to manual is very useful, providing you remember to turn it back to auto afterwards

Upvote 0
I wasn't aware of the calculation setting manually or automatic. Somehow, mine got set to manual several months ago. Updating had been a nightmare. Now that it's reset to automatic things are going smoothly.

Upvote 0
I wasn't aware of the calculation setting manually or automatic. Somehow, mine got set to manual several months ago. Updating had been a nightmare. Now that it's reset to automatic things are going smoothly.

If you open a document that someone else has saved with calculation set to Manual it can change yours...
Very odd but always a useful thing to know about. It's bound to happen to you again in the future!! :p

Upvote 0
ok do not make key business decisions based on bad information resulting from analysis of poor quality data.....

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ravioli44

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back