Pasting Excel (as a Worksheet Object) in PowerPoint

lslater

My PPT template is dark blue and when I paste the excel data as a worksheet object, the data disappears. I only get the border, no data. I can paste as a bitmap, but then you loose the formatting and the pixelation becomes an issue.

I've tried pasting onto a white (non-templated) PPT slide and it works fine. I can't understand why the blue scheme is stopping data from appearing. Furthermore, the presentation is in a couple of days and I don't want to have to re-do everything!

Help?! Suggestions?!

Excel Facts

Highlight Duplicates
Home, Conditional Formatting, Highlight Cells, Duplicate records, OK to add pink formatting to any duplicates in selected range.
Forgot to tell you -- inside the article there is a link pointing to copy the range and graphs too. The range copy is the one you might be looking for.

Upvote 0
Are you sure your data is missing and not just hard to see? When the spreadsheet comes over the cells are transparent so the background will show through. If in your spreadsheet you format the cells to be White or any light color so that you can see the black text and then bring the data in you will see it. Or if you don't want to fill the cells of the spreadsheet. THen in Powerpoint you can create a large box the size of the spreadsheet and fill it in with whatever color you want and then place it behind the spreadsheet so that again you can see the Black text on a lighter background.

Upvote 0
Thanks DreamAlchemist -
but I'm pretty sure the data's not there. When I highlight the area that I've pasted the Worksheet Object in, it highlights the "box" but there's no data in it. The actual data I'm trying to move over has colour formatting (green/red) and that doesn't transfer either.

I'm completely confounded. I've noticed today that the option in Paste Special (in PPT) is titled "Microsoft Office Excel 2003 Worksheet Object" - I'm wondering if the problem is I'm pasting from Excel 2007 - or is that being too literal?

Thanks again for the suggestion though!

Upvote 0
Have you tried to Insert Object and then select the Excel FIle rather than pasting? My thought on this is perhaps the data you are pasting is larger than the the default size of files so instead of embedding the information it is linking, but since the information is from the clipboard the data becomes empty. Just tossing something out there not sure if it is a bucket to hold water or just a sponge making a soppy mess. :D

Upvote 0
What do you get when you double click the Excel object ?
There maybe slight chance that the spreadsheet is not displayed in the region you wanted ?
i.e. double clciking should take you into Edit mode and display the spreadsheet. You can scroll up down etc to display the area.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbomb1414

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back