Opening Excel Spreadsheet From Sharepoint Via Batch File

RudeClown

Board Regular
I am working on simple MS-DOS batch files for myself and teammates at my job to open up all of our systems (some of which are web-based) for us first thing in the morning, instead of having to open them manually one-by-one. Most of what I have done so far has been successful, but I’m running into difficulty setting up web-based Excel sheets to open via the batch file. The sheets that I’d like the file to open are accessed via a SharePoint page within our intranet. Here’s an edited example of the target URL from a link to access one of the spreadsheets:

http://sharepoint.abc.com/lrpskb/Op%20Docs%20O%20thru%20R/SpreadsheetNameHere.xls

I haven’t been able to get the Excel file to open properly whether I treat it as a URL or as an Excel file, so I am wondering if there is a way to code a simple MS-DOS batch file to open an Excel file from the web. I can get locally saved Excel files to open no problem, it’s just how to open the web-based files that I can’t figure out. I would really appreciate any assistance any of you might be able to offer!!

Excel Facts

What is the fastest way to copy a formula?
If A2:A50000 contain data. Enter a formula in B2. Select B2. Double-click the Fill Handle and Excel will shoot the formula down to B50000.
Please start your own thread, giving some details, rather than bumping somebody else thread.

Upvote 0
Please start your own thread, giving some details, rather than bumping somebody else thread.

I would've thought the details were clear. Can you use a .bat file to open a SharePoint spreadsheet?

Rather than clutter the forum with more threads, I was hoping to centralise the answers so that when users Google problems the answers are not in five different threads. But thank you for your input.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hpm23

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back