Share excel file containing live quotes from Bloomberg

path60449

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. Web
Hi everybody,

I am Paul, and I recently joined that forum.

I would like to share to other computers an excel file which contains formulas to fetch live quotes from Bloomberg.

My idea was actually to push to OneDrive or Sharepoint a copy containing only values and being updated with a Macro.
However, when the file is downloaded from drive on another computer, it loses the link with the original file and thus with the live quotes.

I believe there is a solution to that problem, but still I am open to your suggestions.

Many thanks,

Paul

Excel Facts

Can you AutoAverage in Excel?
There is a drop-down next to the AutoSum symbol. Open the drop-down to choose AVERAGE, COUNT, MAX, or MIN
I think you will find that the ability to download prices from Bloomberg is limited to the machine which is logged into Bloomberg with a valid Bloomberg licence. Also I think you will find that if you were successful in transmitting the live prices to other machines that this will infringe the Bloomberg licence.

Upvote 0
Hi offthelip,

Thank you for your response.

I am aware of that.

However, I believe there is a solution to my problem. I have tried to import the prices from a file stored on Sharepoint and synced with the original file which is linked to BBG.
I think this could work, but if it does not, I will try to import the data from an SQL DB.

I am working in a Prop Trading team in a fund, and I am designing a trading terminal for our clients. So, I will not give up on this.

Have you already tried importing live data from SQL, and hence do you know whether it could work?

Kind regards,

Paul

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anshu121

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back