Having trouble sharing Excel tables with other workbooks?

mattbird

Office Version
  1. 2016
Hi,

Is there anyone how knows how to share an Excel table? I have a table which I would like to share with other workbooks but when I click the share workbook it says:

'This workbook can not be shared because it contains Excel tables or XML maps. To share this workbook, convert the table ranges and remove the XML maps.'

I would like to use the Excel table as it automatically transfer formulas to the next row, if I convert the table range, I will have to copy and past my formulas into a new row every time I add one. I am not sure what XML maps are?

I am currently using Excel 2007 on Win8.

Please could someone help......

Matt

Hi,

I have re-pasted the code (ALT+F11):

PrivateSub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)
' Code goes in the Worksheet specific module
Dim rng As Range
' Set Target Range, i.e. Range("A1, B2, C3"), or Range("A1:B3")
Set rng = Target.Parent.Range("C:C")
' Only look at single cell changes
If Target.Count > 1 ThenExitSub
' Only look at that range
If Intersect(Target, rng) IsNothingThenExitSub
' Action if Condition(s) are met (do your thing here...)
Range("D2:I2").Copy Target.Offset(, 1)
EndSub

I then put the cursor at the start of the 'Range("D2:I2").Copy Target.Offset(, 1)' and pressed F9 which put a maroon dot in front of the line as well as highlighting the 'Range("D2:I2").Copy Target.Offset(, 1)' in maroon. I then m ade an entry in column C the text stayed black? I have copied my full table below which starts at cell A to cell N. The info I need to be copied to a new row are in row 17 column H, J, K and M.
Department NoNick NameNameDepartmentGenderHeight (cm)Weight (Kg)BMIWC (cm)BMI CatergoryOverall Health RiskAssessment DateReview DateRemarks
#DIV/0! #DIV/0!#DIV/0! #DIV/0!

<colgroup><col><col><col span="3"><col span="2"><col><col><col><col><col><col><col></colgroup><tbody>
</tbody>

I think the code is not working as the code you gave me relates to the first table I inserted which was only some of the table. the table above is the full table. Other than that I think I was imputing it in the right way? Your help is greatly appreciated.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Can you sort left to right?
To sort left-to-right, use the Sort dialog box. Click Options. Choose "Sort left to right"
I think the code is not working as the code you gave me relates to the first table I inserted which was only some of the table.

As for the code not working, is it in the right place? (See Andrew's comments)

With regards to a different table range than you original posted, then you'll need to adjust the code accordingly:

Code:
PrivateSub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)
' Code goes in the Worksheet specific module
Dim rng As Range
' Set Target Range, i.e. Range("A, B2, C3"), or Range("A1:B3")
Set rng = Target.Parent.Range("G:G")
' Only look at single cell changes
If Target.Count > 1 ThenExitSub
' Only look at that range
If Intersect(Target, rng) IsNothingThenExitSub
' Action if Condition(s) are met (do your thing here...)
Range("H17:M17").Copy Target.Offset(, 1)
End Sub

Where entries in column G will now trigger the copy/paste.

Upvote 0
I have pasted code into the window on the right, selected Range("H17:M17").Copy Target.Offset(, 1) and pressed F9 which highlighted (maroon) the line and placed a dot next it. I have then gone back to the worksheet and typed a number in cell G17 and then inserted a new row which appears above instead of below but still the new row has not copied its blank. I must be doing something wrong.

Upvote 0
Were there any formulas in row 17? If not, then all you'd copy is a blank row. Note that my original code referenced row 2 to copy, which one would assume should always have the formulas you wanted.

Also, the Change event will only respond to an entry in column G, it won't detect a row insertion.

Upvote 0
Yes there are formulas in Cell H17, J17, K17 and M17. Is it suppose to copy these formulas to the row below ie row 18 once I have entered a figure in G17?

Upvote 0
Yes there are formulas in Cell H17, J17, K17 and M17. Is it suppose to copy these formulas to the row below ie row 18 once I have entered a figure in G17?

No, the way it's set up now is if you enter something in column G, the H17:M17 will be copied to H17:M17. So if you enter something in G17, then H17:M17 would be copied to H17:M17. Like I said, that's why I went with row 2 originally.

Upvote 0
What I would like it to do is once I have filled out each of the columns in row 17 it automatic sets up row 18 with the same formulas so all I have to do is enter the persons info and data and the same for each row after. Otherwise I have to copy the cells with the formulas in and past them into the next rows every time I enter a new persons data. Hopefully I am not confusing you?

Upvote 0
Then just add a row to the Offset:

Range("H17:M17").Copy Target.Offset(1, 1)

Now if you make a change in G17, H17:M17 will be copied to G18. But that's assuming that you have formulas in row 17 to copy.

You might also want to add:

Target.Offset(1,-6).Select

To take you to A18.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
inborntarmac

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back