reckless2k2

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. MacOS
I have two INDEX-MATCH formulas that I'm trying to chain together with an IF statement that I was looking for help.

INDEX-MATCH 1:
{=-IFERROR(INDEX(filtered!A:Y,MATCH(1,(filtered!W:W=W2)*(filtered!J:J=-J2)*(filtered!E:E=E2),0),10),0)}

INDEX-MATCH 2:
{=IFERROR(INDEX(filtered!A:Y,MATCH(1,(filtered!W:W=W2)*(filtered!J:J=J3)*(filtered!E:E=E2)*(filtered!B:B=B2),0),10),0)}

IF Statement beginning....

=IF(B2="TEXT", (INDEX-MATCH 1), (INDEX-MATCH2)

Thanks for any help!

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Is there a shortcut key for strikethrough?
Ctrl+S is used for Save. Ctrl+5 is used for Strikethrough. Why Ctrl+5? When you use hashmarks to count |||| is 4, strike through to mean 5.
You are fetching a result from column J of filtered, right? Why are you testing whether this column also equals -J2 or J3?

Upvote 0
Sorry.....that was just a typo. It should all be row 2. Depending on the B2 "TEXT", I need different results. That's why I have two INDEX-MATCH formulas that I'm trying to put together in one IF statement.

Upvote 0
Sorry.....that was just a typo. It should all be row 2. Depending on the B2 "TEXT", I need different results. That's why I have two INDEX-MATCH formulas that I'm trying to put together in one IF statement.

From which range (column) do we fetch a result if not column J?

Upvote 0
From which range (column) do we fetch a result if not column J?

I was in Leiden a few months ago for work. NL is beautiful country and very nice people.

I tried to put the formula together in this way but it did not work...

{=IF(B2="TEXT",(-INDEX(filtered!A:Y,MATCH(1,(filtered!W:W=W2)*(filtered!J:J=-J2)*(filtered!E:E=E2),0),10),(INDEX(filtered!A:Y,MATCH(1,(filtered!W:W=W2)*(filtered!J:J=J2)*(filtered!E:E=E2)*(filtered!B:B=B2),0),10))))}

That was after I removed the IFERROR in front but it still was not working.

Upvote 0
I was in Leiden a few months ago for work. NL is beautiful country and very nice people.

:cool:Kind of you to say so.

I tried to put the formula together in this way but it did not work...

{=IF(B2="TEXT",(-INDEX(filtered!A:Y,MATCH(1,(filtered!W:W=W2)*(filtered!J:J=-J2)*(filtered!E:E=E2),0),10),(INDEX(filtered!A:Y,MATCH(1,(filtered!W:W=W2)*(filtered!J:J=J2)*(filtered!E:E=E2)*(filtered!B:B=B2),0),10))))}

That was after I removed the IFERROR in front but it still was not working.

Try to avoid whole column references in this type of formulas though for reasons of efficiency.

Control+shift+enter, not just enter:

=INDEX(filtered!$J$2:$J$1000,MATCH(1,IF(filtered!$W$2:$W$1000=W2,IF(filtered!$J$2:$J$1000=-J2,IF(filtered!$E$2:$E$1000=E2,IF(filtered !$B$2:$B$1000=IF(B2="TEXT",B2,filtered !$B$2:$B$1000),1)))),0))*IF(B2="TEXT",1,-1)

Does this work for you?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HellScout

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back